Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-A

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Calleva, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Calleva

Calleva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I know this is a bit sad, but I've noticed something a bit odd on the Mike Oldfield DVD-A of Tubular Bells 2003.

I got the disk when it firsy came out but until recently didn't have DVD-Audio player to hear it in it's full glory - but tonight I finally got around to listening to it properly and now I'm puzzled.

The Multi-channel DVD-A mix appears to be swapped left to right compared to all the other mixes - It's most noticable in chapter 11 - Finale when John Cleese introduces the instruments - on the DVD-V Stereo, DTS and Dolby Digital and the DVD-A 2 channel he is distinctly on the left, but on the DVD-A multi channel he is on the right.

Can anyone else who may have this disk please check to see if it is just me going slightly :zonked:

p.s. I was using the same discrete analog outputs from player to amp etc... so it's not wired wrong !

Thanks,