Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Tubes for Seleco

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cole trickle, Nov 22, 2004.

1. cole trickle

cole trickle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can somebody pls tell me what the no.s are on the side of the tubes for a Seleco Svp 400ht,

I've got a chance to go to a factory that is closing down which has some stock of old unit's,

And also what would be the approxiamate distance i will need to place my projector which is fitted with HD-6 lenses to fill a 115" screen (ceiling front display)

Thanks Inadvance Dale

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Last time I looked it was something like Sony CRT475 07MS.

rough rule of thumb is Projection Distance = Screen Width x 1.5

the Width being the side-to-side measurment and not the corner to corner diagonal in case you were wondering. This works for 4:3 and 16:9 screens.

One thing to check before you start to install a used projector is the projected image for any signs of phosphor wear. It will show up as a step-up in brightness around the edge of the picture.

If it isn't too noticable then follow the rule of thumb above. If there is a big change in brightness then you'll need to increase the projection distance to compensate.

Regards

3. cole trickle

cole trickle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris much appreicated,

Dale