• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tube stations for work. Best commute.

gamingboy

Hi all,

I've been shortlisted for two different jobs. One in Angel, one in Moorgate.

If I was to be offered both and I'm equally keen on both which is the better commute?

I'll be traveling from Goodmayes, so will catch the overhead into Liverpool Street.

I've heard the Northern Line into Angel can be a pain.

Thanks in advance.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
You can walk to Moorgate from Liverpool Street in under 10 mins. So that would avoid the pain & cost of the Tube element altogether.

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
Well, Moorgate is about 6 average adult male steps from Liverpool Street, whereas Angel is much more.

gamingboy

Thanks, both roles are pretty similar. The role in Angel will offer London weighting. So that covers the tube cost.

I guess it's down to the job and location. Moorgate feels like it'll be more in the middle of things.

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
Don't forget if you are planning on using an annual Gold card (season ticket) for your commute into London this will also allow discounts on Oyster off-peak fares on the Tube, Overground and DLR services as well as selected discounts on other rail services within the Network Railcard area.

DaveBhoy

Worked in the Moorgate area a few years back - thought it was fairly pleasant. Never had the joy of doing anything in Angel...

And yeah, I got the train to Liverpool St and strolled round the corner.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom