1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tube off centre

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by audiop, Feb 17, 2005.

1. audiop

audiop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The tube in my TV seems to be off-centre. There is a black bar of 2mm on the right hand side between the visible tube and the cabinet, whilst on the left the bar is 5mm wide. As we view the set from a position slightly to the right of the set this means that there is always an unsightly black bar visible down the left hand edge of the picture. Is this a fault and can it be rectified ?

2. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Do you mean the gap is bigger between the cabinet and the black painting on the tube? Or do you mean the picture on one side has a gap-if it's the second one most TV's have an RGB centre setting-obviously the equipment needs to be connected via RGB.What TV is it?

3. audiop

audiop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is a JVC AV32X4 and its the gap between the cabinet and the black paint on the tube.

4. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    so the CRT isn't centred.I would say get them out to it-i wouldn't be happy about it!! Nothing you can do yourself...........

5. audiop

audiop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No I'm not happy about it either but I had the comet engineer out on Monday and all he said was nothing wrong with it mate ! Not sure where to go from here, I have emailed JVC but not had a reply yet. Any ideas ?