• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tube gone on Sony KV32FQ75

B

BrianDM

Hi,

The tube on my Sony KV32FQ75 has gone. Thankfully it was covered by the Domestic & General Breakdown Protection. Does anyone know if the fitting of a replacement tube is going to be cost effective or will Domestic & General write it off and send me an equivalent. Or even make a cash settlement due to the model being obsolete?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

technospark

Established Member
hi first of all it depends on how old the set is and if they think it is worth repairing or they might just settle with a cash offer to yourself
well all the best

B

BrianDM

Update.
D & G have written off the tv as being beyond economical repair. To cut a long story short a replacement CRT was not available so they've offered me a Sony KDL-32U2000 as a replacement. This is on the Comet website at £743 so I'm delighted with this result. I've subsequently upgraded it via D & G to the KDL-40W2000 at an additional cost of £800 (Comet website price is £1685 so it looks like I've saved £150). I'm very pleased with D & G as this is a good offer for a 4 1/2 year old tv and am going to get their extended warranty for the new tv.

:thumbsup:

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Brian,

Glad you've had a result. :thumbsup:

D&G breakdown insurance is very much a potluck affair.

I've been paying premiums for 10 years on my washing machine and it's never gone wrong.

On the other hand, D&G have continually coughed up for my dishwasher, which seems to fail every other month!

Although I'm a TG, it's good to have the peace of mind. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom