TU-PTA600B Tuner Box for Panasonic Plasma's

U

Uzey

Does anybody know if the TU-PTA600B tuner box for 6th generation Panasonic plasma displays has a 'component' input as I understand that once plugged in, all other upgrade slots are disabled.
Also, does anyone have this unit and is it worth the 400 GBP asking price?

it has three scarts and a component but i think one of the scart is disabled when you use component.
It is not worth £400 as you can buy the scart card and a scart switch box and then use freeview/cable/sat
anyway most dealers i've seen are knocking them out at £250 with the plasma card for them.
Don'ty get me wrong they are good but at the end of the day if your not using terrestrial it's an expensive switching box!!

Thanks for the info Bobbypunk (?).
Can you remember where you saw some being sold for 250 GBP?

I'm selling mine, only had it 3 weeks, but have got the ungrade bug and bought a scart board. if you're interested let me know

Why are you selling it if it has SCART built into it?
How much are you looking for?

Uzeless.

If you have a Panny6 why don't you get a Scart socket terminal board? Someone like http://www.av-sales.co.uk should be able to sort you out.

StooMonster

Thing is, I'm looking for SCART and Component connections and I also thought that the analogue tuner would be nice too.
From what I can see, this tuner is a hub for the plasma.

It has both component inputs and 3 RGB's - at the mo, altho I've got the scart board installed - using the tuner as the audio amp only until I get my set up sorted - pic ain't that bad however - guess you could call it law of diminishing returns! - my main quibble with it however is you can't tweak the pic much- whereas when the scart board is in - you can tweak till your hearts content....

:p I'll just stick with the SCART module / Component module then. Freeview box and SKY Digibox for TV viewing via the Panasonic E50 DVD recorder for recording and finally the Sony 730 to Component for DVD viewing!
That'll do! :smashin:

Why not use the VGA port on the PW6 as that can accept the component signal from your DVD player....cable costs around £26 from Lektropak.
In fact, i've just ordered the SCART board (for £99) and will use the VGA for progressive output YUV from my modded XBOX, until i upgrade my DVD!!

Edit...cable is £26.

Component to VGA port? Are you sure?
I'm getting really confused now. I thought the VGA only accepted RGB signals. You're saying that you are getting a 'component to 9 pin D-type' lead and your DVD player will output directly to the VGA port with it, no converting required?

I think the Panny is one of the few Plasma`s that will accept a Component signal through the VGA input.

If you switch your Plasma to the VGA input then go into setup you can switch between RGB and Component !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom