TT2.1 ready for download

RobsterD

Established Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup:
post your findings positive/negative
I'll be trying VMR9 with a 6600GT,hope jerky playback's gone !!
Rob

Not tried it yet but it seems to be a good idea to disable nvpp.

That's good news - haven't tried it yet either. Forgive my noob question, but I take it NVPP is nvidia post-processing, disable-able via the Video tab in TT? Cheers.

[Just noticed I became a member!! So not 'new' any more - sums me up alright!]

Messed about all last night watching loads of stuff and the PQ results are the best I have achieved with TT.
My settings are for a 6600GT
AA off
AF x16
System Performance High
Vertical Sync On
Running TT2.1 with VMR9 renderless mode and the stuttering and tearing has all gone and the PQ is the best its been.
Have also dropped ffdshow into the mix but just use resize Lanczos 2 with a bit of luma and chroma sharpen.
Well the patch has worked for me,but others it seems have been less successful especially with nVpp.
Rob

Supersonic said:
Forgive my noob question, but I take it NVPP is nvidia post-processing, disable-able via the Video tab in TT? Cheers.
That's correct. If you don't have an nVidia graphics card then the general experience seems to be you don't want it, ever, but if you do have an nVidia then it can be helpful in some situations but it's been the cause of problems throughout its' life and seems to continue to be so for some.

KraGorn said:
That's correct. If you don't have an nVidia graphics card then the general experience seems to be you don't want it, ever, but if you do have an nVidia then it can be helpful in some situations but it's been the cause of problems throughout its' life and seems to continue to be so for some.

It was an absolute disaster for mewith an ATI card

TT crashed every time with reclock enabled
I could not get the right-click menu unless I had TT in windowed mode
Every time I swapped from windowed mode to full screen or back it prompted me to start the movie again

I will try it again but two questions I have are:
1. Why does every thing have a horrible red tint when using VMR9?
2. Does adjusting gamma in overlay change the gamma in VMR?

Probably stupid questions :confused:

Comer said:
It was an absolute disaster for mewith an ATI card

TT crashed every time with reclock enabled
I could not get the right-click menu unless I had TT in windowed mode
Every time I swapped from windowed mode to full screen or back it prompted me to start the movie again

I will try it again but two questions I have are:
1. Why does every thing have a horrible red tint when using VMR9?
2. Does adjusting gamma in overlay change the gamma in VMR?

Probably stupid questions :confused:

Yes I get no menu on right click when in fullscreen , I think that renderless does not support context menus , most of the settings are available in the toolbar though. I also get the restart option when i flip in and out of fullscreen but I suspect its the only way to get TT to restart from the point you left the movie otherwise it would dump you staright back to the dvd menu.

I don't get a red tint but satuation needs to be about -48 with VMR (also make sure you don't have any weird gamma shifts going on in the colour settings of your graphics card ( I do in mine but its right for the display)

Adjusting gamma in overlay will have no effect on VMR9 , you can adjust gamma in the colour options in your graphics card settings. Remember to save your settings as a profile ( and or make it default in my case). I deally you want to leave gamma alone unless you know your display is not somewhere around 2.5 (mine is 2.2 so I drop system gamma a little to compensate)

The release info thread on TT's forum says the context menu doesn't work in Renderless mode, it mentions you can switch to windowed mode if you need to get the menu. I've seen mention of the 'restart' message too on there.

Thanks for the replies. Armed with this new info. I'm now going to give it another go... :suicide: :)

For those of us that have the RME cards, the digital volume is a god send!!!!!

I have grabbed the ip parameters and now have xlobby controling the volume - thanks to Mark Ward and his girder knowledge for finding the codes.

The lip sink adjustment is also cool.

If calsberg made a software DVD player!!!!!

Rgds

Dangerous Dave

I just can,t get colours right. Avia tells me to set Hue to -7 and Saturation to 10. I also tried these setting using the THX optimiser on Star Wars and they look fine. But with a movie showing it looks awful, looks like a red filter across the lense with a bit of red bleed too

I have an ATI 9200 card. I also really miss the right-click menu

drummerjohn said:
How do you get a demo of this?
You have to purchase the software and they give you 7 days approval,if you dont like they refund.
IMO not long enough to get it right its taken me almost a month :eek: to get to where I am re PQ.
Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom