Tt With 3802 Volume Low

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by mick23, Oct 26, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I HAVE TECNICS SL-QD33 TURNTABLE FITTED WITH P30 CARTRIDGE, THE CARTRIDGE IS ORIGINAL AND CAME WITH DECK, MANUAL DESCRIBES CARTRIDGE AS MOVING MAGNET TYPE,WHEN CONNECTED TO 3802 PHONO, I HAVE TO HAVE MASTER VOLUME AT -18, AND THIS VOLUME (LISTENING WISE) IS STILL A BIT LOW, CDS/TAPES/MDISK AT -28 TO-35 DB MORE THAN LOUD ENOUGH,USED TO USE T/T WITH YAM 592AX AMP, THIS HAD BUTTON FOR MM/MC ONLY IF THIS WAS SET INCORECTLY DID I "SUFFER) LOW VOLUME FROM T/T, ANYONE ELSE USING T/T WITH 3802, PHONO LEADS AND CONNECTIONS ARE OK, THANK YOU

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    maybe im wrong, but it sounds rather like you have no phono stage in the amp.....

ad

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Om my amp, I need to go to about 12 0 clock on the volume control for phono, but everything else stays around the' quarter to' position. Volume totally off is around the six o clock position, so I almost double the volume for the phono stage. I think thats about the same for you. Some amps allow you to adjust the comparative volume.