1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT v DSCALER and SONY 725

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by NickBull, Feb 22, 2002.

1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was having a play this morning before I came into work and decided to try SVIDEO connection from SONY 725 into Pinnacle TV card and DSCALER.

My results were mighty impressive and also, more importantly, cleared up soem issues with pans.

First PQ, this was very good, slight noise, but more than watchable. I have one disk that won't play on any PC software player, but it is perfectly watchable through the Sony, even is PQ is a touch down (my good SVIDEO cable is broken, so used the one in the box, a better one may help)

Judder, this was my main reason for doing this, I played a few of my most worrying pans and fast pans, the results were almost identical to TT player, slight judder on some which I not atribute to the disc or the film. This is encouraging because I though iut was the PC.

DSCALER was set with minimum filters and as I only tried PAL I has the first 2:2 pulldown checked.

I now feel that I can't improve playback any more and am extremely happy with Theatretek.

Nick