TSU9600 Discussion Thread

Dextur

Sorry, but a price increase on a brand new unit will not affect second hand ones coming out of their warranty. The fact is they can still be had for around the £500 mark "elsewhere" brand new, hence no one biting for yours ;)
Hmm, possibly but if new ones become more expensive, 2nd hand ones tend to achieve better residuals because the difference is simply greater and less tempting, tends to be the case with almost anything.

Still can't decide whether to sell mine, I think it's almost down to lazyness, can't be arsed to program a new remote :D

gilford

Well, someone paid £630 for mine "elsewhere"!! :D
Agreed, you can get a shade more "over there", but if you factor in listing fee's, final valuation fee's, Paypal fee's and the chance the buyer could reverse the payment and cause you a whole world of hurt, I'd rather miss out on £30 odd quid ;)

Crikey, how many commas did I use there.................. :rotfl:

Agreed, you can get a shade more "over there", but if you factor in listing fee's, final valuation fee's, Paypal fee's and the chance the buyer could reverse the payment and cause you a whole world of hurt, I'd rather miss out on £30 odd quid ;)

Crikey, how many commas did I use there.................. :rotfl:
I wasn't talking about eBay though.

Well in that case well done :clap:

I might be getting a 9600 in the next week or so so if you could PM me with the address of this "place" I'd really appreciate it, I will sell my 9400 there :D
You seem to know where to get a 9600 cheap, so I would assume a man with your knowledge would also know where to sell a 9400 for a reasonable price. ;)

gilford

You seem to know where to get a 9600 cheap, so I would assume a man with your knowledge would also know where to sell a 9400 for a reasonable price. ;)
Everyone knows where to get the 9600 cheap, the trick is knowing where to sell the 9400 for the same price :D

Dextur

Couild someone tell me where to get a 9600 cheap please?
Depends on what you mean as cheap I guess. I'm considering selling mine but I'm not giving it away. You can use EBAY and import one from the states cheaper than you can buy one. Prices have just gone up as well so If you want a brand new one from the states I would consider buying one soon. The prices have gone up and sterling is weak against the dollar, both are going to make the so called cheap import option nothing like as tasty, slap on that potential VAT and import duties and it will sting.

Dextur

Anybody got an idea of what a 9600 is now worth in the UK, I've finally decided to sell mine, it's not just not wife friendly .

gilford

Anybody got an idea of what a 9600 is now worth in the UK, I've finally decided to sell mine, it's not just not wife friendly .
I'd hope to get well over £300 for it, depending on age and condition of course. I have just had a brand new one supplied by Philips due to a fault, and I would not sell it for a penny less than £400 :D

The one's from the US dont seem as good now what with the weak pound, and there is no international warranty with them so in my case I would have been screwed and lost all the money........

Would make a nice paper weight though ;)

Dextur

I'd hope to get well over £300 for it, depending on age and condition of course. I have just had a brand new one supplied by Philips due to a fault, and I would not sell it for a penny less than £400 :D

The one's from the US dont seem as good now what with the weak pound, and there is no international warranty with them so in my case I would have been screwed and lost all the money........

Would make a nice paper weight though ;)
Cheers, I was figuring about that kind of territory, but they seem to actually be going for more surprisingly, just looked at your renovation thread, great job, loving the finishes.

gilford

Cheers, I was figuring about that kind of territory, but they seem to actually be going for more surprisingly, just looked at your renovation thread, great job, loving the finishes.
Cheers, just in the middle of doing the nursery now :thumbsup:

For some reason I thought this was the 9400 discussion :rotfl:

The 9600 will fetch £400 all day, although I dont think is has the same following as the 9400 due to its sheer bulk, which is what lead me to the 9400 in the first place :)

If you look at my thread, where I have taken the pics of the 9400, you will see the Philips logo all wonky! Another reason why it was replaced, and another reason NOT to buy from the US without a warranty :cool:

Dextur

Cheers, just in the middle of doing the nursery now :thumbsup:

For some reason I thought this was the 9400 discussion :rotfl:

The 9600 will fetch £400 all day, although I dont think is has the same following as the 9400 due to its sheer bulk, which is what lead me to the 9400 in the first place :)

If you look at my thread, where I have taken the pics of the 9400, you will see the Philips logo all wonky! Another reason why it was replaced, and another reason NOT to buy from the US without a warranty :cool:
Yeah, pricewise I'm seeing these hit second hand values of £400 plus, apparently also quite a pain to get hold off, dealers make you actually go to the store and crap like that.

Yeah it is bulky, mines a UK bought one, not an import so warrantee is here , so that's got to be a good thing, I don't know why I got it really, it's so OTT for my requirements it's silly.

Gonna sell it, and put it down to one of those " must have" toys, that in reality I really didn't need.

Hell of a nice screen though :)

logiciel

DJMALLZ

hey guys
i was checking this video on youtube
YouTube - Philips-Pronto

i noticed they have some pretty good icons on there, can't find something similar on pronto edit.. any idea where i can get more icons? checked remotecentral can't find anything there

kindly advise

cheer

RobinDB

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I have just got a 2nd hand TSU9600 and I already have the TSU7000, can i import the file from the 7000 into pep3 software to get me started with remote until I have more time to sort out programming it fully ?

If so how do I do this ?

thanks

Dave964

Wow - makes me realise how long I've had my 9600s!

I haven't moved on to PEP3 (still on PEP2) - but I'd be surprised if you can. Even if you could import, the screen size / resolution is completely different - which means the display would be a mess.

I think you'll have to start from scratch.

Barend

Yes you can import a ccf file.
You'll probably not like the very small icons etc. though, so maybe it's best to spend a weekend programming PEP on basis of the imported PENG commands.
I still think programming aPronto is great fun...
The hex commands are being imported in PENG.
I'm back on my old TSU7000, because I did not like the 9600's ir power: I can point the 7000 anywhere in the room...it has two powerful ir diodes as I saw with my handycam...
Also I could hardly use the 9600's wlan transmit/receive: very very weak.

Last edited:

RobinDB

How do you import ccf as when I went to import the file was not shown as it was looking for the PEP format file ?

thanks

Barend

Only in PEP1, which I used for my now defunct TSU9600.
I found PEP2 and especially PEP3 much too complicated for my taste...
Got all versions here, can e mail.

logiciel

Not a good idea to publish e-m addresses.