1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TSU7000 / TSU6000 UK equivalent

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by emad, Mar 12, 2004.

1. emad

emad
    Banned for trading fraud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New guy here, could you help

Trying to decide on a new do it all remote

I have read some threads here and visited some US sites and have few questions, would appreciate your help.

1-What is the difference between the TSU7000 & TSU6000 Prontos and what is the UK equivalent?

2-Will a US Pronto work as good as a UK one?

3-If I import a US model, Will I have to pay anything extra other than 17.5% VAT?

4-Do all US prontos come with docking stations?

5-Will the Pronto TSU7000 or TSU6000 or the UK equivalent be an overkill to my gear?

Pioneer 504 plasma
    Pioneer AX5i Amp
    SKY+
    DVD
    Mini HiFi

6- Those who are in the know, do you think the MArantz are better than the Prontos? It seems the Pronto is much more popular in the US and here in the forums.

Wow I just wrote a novel!!!! Sorry for the long post, any help will be gratefully received.

Emad

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    1. TSU7000 is the upgraded version of the TSU6000. New version has 64k colour screen as opposed to 256, has more memory (32MB) and all the additional hard buttons including the cursor below the screen. UK RU970, equivalent to old TSU6000, is the latest available in the UK. RU890 (TSU7000) due sometime this year (I guess).

2. Yes, they are identical apart from US power supply (simply switch for a UK version) and RF frequency. If you plan on using an RF extender you will have to get a country matched version. i.e. TSU7000 will require a US RF extender due to working on differeent frequency. (418MHz as opposed to 433MHz)

3. You will have to also pay a handling fee by whichever courier delivers it within the UK and handles the VAT/customs side of things for you. ParcelForce charge £13.50 for this service.

4. TSU6000/7000's all come with docking station as standard. Lesser models do not. B&W models do not.

5. Depends really on what you want it to do for you NOT what (or how many pieces of) kit you want to control. There are certain things only a remote like the Prontos can do such as complicated macros with delays and, of course, that Wow! factor.

6. Don't think the B&W Prontos are necessarily better, more that they are more popular and therefore more advice available. The Marantz RC9200 (colour) was/is better than the TSU6000/RU970 but the TSU7000/RU980 is better again and likely will remain the preferred choice even over the new (yet to be released) Marantz RC9400 (replacement for RC9200).

HTH

3. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) TSU6000 -> UK RU970. TSU7000 is the 'Next Gen' latest replacement for that and isn't out in the UK yet. It has extra hard keys, more colours/memory and uses a differant editor.

2) A US one will work as an IR remote as good as a UK one. (maybe differances in the builtin DBes but learning is the same)

3) You pay the cost of the remote + shipping and then VAT and Duty on the total (including shipping) around 23%.

4) I think the colour ones do, check the place you buy from to be sure.

5) Up to you mate, can probably do the same for a lot less but it won't be as flashy, there's always the RU950 for £200 which is simular to the TSU7000 but B&W screen/less memory.

6) I've heard good things about the Marantz, build quality, smaller I think but I've not got either so can't compare.

EDIT: DOH beaten to that send button again. :laugh:

4. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,471
    just a quick edit on the model number, RU980 is the UK equivalent of the TSU7000, not RU890

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    You are absolutely correct. Finger trouble. Look at point 6 :)

6. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,471
    ahhhh...fat finger syndrome

7. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: