TSR-7850, help setting up Airplay on Windows PC

Flycaster

Standard Member
Been having trouble setting up Airplay between my Windows 10 PC and TSR-7850 (both wified.) Someone from another forum helped me with this: "To send content to the Apple TV or stream from iTunes on your PC you need to enable homesharing from the iTunes advanced menu and then enter the same details in settings/computers on the Apple TV. Once enabled iTunes will show the Apple TV as an Airplay device from the bottom right hand corner of its window." But it didn't work (no airplay synbol on iTunes screen (and, of course, no music sent to the receiver) and I got this error message: "Home sharing could not be activated because of an error (5506)." I certainly can use some help. Thanks.

Flycaster

Standard Member
Googling that found this

any use. (Non Apple user).
Got the needed help and now have the iTunes Airplay symbol and when clicked, my TV and computer appear in a box. The TV is not set for airplay and is noted, but the receiver is not showing even though I've turned the left knob to AirPlay? Shouldn't the receiver be showing if it is hooked into the wifi? Or, maybe the receiver is not in the network, or I'm not correctly hooked into wifi. To tell you the truth, and the obvious, I'm not too swift when it comes wifi/network stuff. Nonetheless, I think I'm pretty close to the goal of getting iTunes to AirPlay on the Yamaha...that is, with just a little more help.

Last edited:

Flycaster

Standard Member
No longer have the airplay symbol. Having problems getting iTunes to accept my Apple ID. Working with Apple support. After first go round, they haven't been able to get a fix on the problem. Suggested that I try again after 24 hours. Main problem is that I have to OK their privacy/terms agreement and when I click "Continue" either nothing happens or the same screen appears...like I'm in a loop. Stay tuned..

dante01

Distinguished Member
Aitplay would simply be a push service as far as the AV receiver is concerned. Select the AV receiver via the source device and the AV receiver will automatically switch itself to its Airplay source. You do not select the Airplay source device via the AV receiver. The source will automatically connect to the AV receiver when you select the AV receiver and start playing anything on or via the source device.

You do not select the Airplay source on the AV receiver, it will automatically switch to it after you select the AV receiver via the source device and start playing audio via that device.

This is how it worlks with my Yamaha RX-A1080 and the A1050 I have when using my iPad, iPhone or iMac.

It should be noted that AV receivers do not fascitate accessing video via Airplay and their Airplay abilities are restricted to accessing audio.

Last edited:

Flycaster

Standard Member
Thanks, Dante. I do understudy, now, how airplay works, but the problem still exists that I'm caught in a loop as I try to set airplay up in iTunes.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Thanks, Dante. I do understudy, now, how airplay works, but the problem still exists that I'm caught in a loop as I try to set airplay up in iTunes.
That would be an issue with the device you are running iTunes on or the app's own settings or even the Home Sharing configurations on your PC? I'm assuming the issue is with sharing if Apple are suggesting you enter your Apple ID in ordere to access your content within your iTunes library?

Flycaster

Standard Member
Yes, you are correct the issue is with establishing Home Sharing, Authorization, and my Apple ID. There is a road block that, at the moment, Apple Support can't solve. Specifically, as part of the process of being asked to verify my Apple ID, I have to agree to Apple's privacy and terms in the Complete Your Apple ID screen by clicking Continue. However, when clicking Continue, nothing happens, or it loops to repeat itself. Apple was allowed to enter my computer, but they couldn't figure out what was happening and suggested that I try again after 24 hours.

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'm a mac user so cannot help you as far as getting sharing to work on a PC.

Have you considered buying an Apple Mac? :)

Flycaster

Standard Member
Finally got everything working just fine. There were several things that had to be corrected, but the bottom line is the Yammy is now communicating with the PC's iTunes and the AirPlay sounds great.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom