TSR-700 settings for music listening

Motown1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the add!

I have a 5.1 setup with my TSR-700 and a robust sub. Movie, Streaming TV services sound great. Sports also sound great with the surround.

The problem is trying to find a setup for Music listening with CDs, etc that doesnt sound flat or like Midrange is missing. All Channel Stereo seems to sound the best but you have to crank it. I havent really listened with just standard 2 Channel stereo. I'm really starting to think I'm not gonna be able to get the sound I want out of it.

All in All, TSR-700 is a great unit for HD video and all that. However, trying to listen to a CD and get the best sound has been a challenge.

Anyone out there find a way to make this unit sound great for music listening?

Thanks
Motown

I dont have advice for CD music. But im curious what settings you use for something like YouTube? I also have a 5.1 setup and the subwoofer does not turn on when i choose All Channel Stereo. Cant find a setting that makes all 6 speakers work when streaming youtube music.

The limitation when you watch You Tube or any app on your TV is that you cannot select Option Button on remote to set the trim for both the Volume and Sub. What I did as a workaround is to turn on your TV and TSR, dont select to play any app on TV. Select input on your Remote to TV and then press option. You then have the ability to adjust the Volume and Sub trim. Then select YouTube and test. Once the TV has control you only can adjust Volume. I replaced my Active JBL sub with a Klipsch 12" as I had similar issues where it seemed the sub was not firing. If you still have issues, I would contact Yamaha support as theyre great. Yamaha USA

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom