TS031 Cantilever Stand Will Not Fit Sharp Aquos LC42XD1E

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by phillyndon, Jan 20, 2008.

1. phillyndon

phillyndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have just bought a Serano TS031 "floating" cantilever stand for my Sharp Aquos 42" at Currys for £199.

Supposedly this came with a "universal" mounting bracket but have annoyingly just discovered that the arms which screw into the back of the TV are too close together to then hang on the bracket on the stand. The arms essentially meet exactly where the upright struts on the stand are so it cannot be hung. :confused: It seems the mounting screw sockets on the Aquos are too close together, and I assume, are in a different location from other flat screen TV's

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there any way round it? i.e. an intermediate bracket to connect the TV to the stand bracket?

I can't find any product info online to say which models this stand is compatible with and I really can't face lugging this back to Curry's for a refund. They did confirm before I bought it that it was compatible with the Sharp Aquos range. Hmmm...

Surely universal should mean just that.

Please help!

Thanks

Phil

2. phillyndon

phillyndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case anyone is looking for the answer to this - I managed to get hold of someone at the manufacturers and they advised attached the TV to the stand without the bracket.

Essentially, where the stand attaches to the bracket, the screw holes actually match up with the mounting screws on the TV so can attach without the bracket.

Worked a treat and now I'm floating!

:thumbsup:

3. Jarroda

Jarroda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    My GF has just bought one of these stands for a Panny 42PX70.

Again it doesn't fit. This time because the mounting holes on the back of the Panny are too WIDE for the TS031. When you hold it up to mount, the rails line up with the bars at the outside of the big mounting plate.

She'll be calling Curry's / Serano tomorrow.

Gutting really as the Panny 42PX70 must be one of the most popular TV's out there, so if that doesn't fit, then what does ?

4. Jarroda

Jarroda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    The GF called the manufacturer this morning.

She said they understood the problem (after getting her to describe) and are sending a new part straight away. I can only guess that this new part is a wider backplate to mount the TV onto.

Will let you all know when it arrives and if it fixes the issue.

5. Jarroda

Jarroda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    New rear bracket arrived this morning.

This one is a big pucker wide wall mount type with 2 rails and different mounts for the TV too.

Works perfectly. :clap:

So I think overall that whilst the claims on the box / adverts that this stand works with every TV in a certain size range are potentially misleading; the service from the manufacturer is superb and the whole thing was sorted on a next day basis.

I just wonder how many people bother to phone up, many must just take the stand back. Which would be a shame.

It now looks superb btw.

6. Cruise

Cruise
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just purchased a Sony Bravia TV and having the same issue. The brackets are too close together for it to fit on the stand.

Any ideas?

How do I contact the company, can't find any details?

Thanks

7. yergaffer

yergaffer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to unscrew and remove the bracket from the top of the stand and that will leave you with a plate with several holes in it ,you just attach the tv directly to this plate . hope this works for you

Jeff

8. Cruise

Cruise
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

This doesn't work due to the screws on the TV being too far apart, it is only the width of the bracket that screws to the TV that is stopping it fitting in the normal way

Any ideas? Or how do I contact the manufactor