TS XR806 3D capable ?

dazz66

Established Member
Reaction score
Tried to search for a definitive answer but couldnt find one !
Thinking of going into the 3D TV market and wondered if the 806 will allow 3D from the PS3 to be displayed after passing through the amp ?
Not in a position to purchase a new amp as well as a 3D TV , just wondered if the 806 will do it?
Thanks

Dazz

Tried to search for a definitive answer but couldnt find one !
Thinking of going into the 3D TV market and wondered if the 806 will allow 3D from the PS3 to be displayed after passing through the amp ?
Not in a position to purchase a new amp as well as a 3D TV , just wondered if the 806 will do it?
Thanks

Dazz

i dont think it will for 3d bluray, you might get it working for games after a bit of fussing about. As the ps3 wont do hd audio and 3d at the same time the easiest option would be connect the ps3 direct to your tv for 3d video and connect optical to the amp for audio.

Yeah , thanks for the post, sort of worked it all out now , didnt want to lose the HD Audio into the amp , but , without buying a new amp , seems to be the only answer :(

Dazz

Yeah , thanks for the post, sort of worked it all out now , didnt want to lose the HD Audio into the amp , but , without buying a new amp , seems to be the only answer :(

Dazz

but with the ps3 and 3d it cant do hd audio and 3d at the same time so you keep an hdmi connected for the ps3 to the amp, but also run an optical cable as well then run an hdmi to the tv for the ps3 and when watching a normal bluray which you want hdmi audio you plug the hdmi from the amp into the ps3 and set it up to get video and audio over hdmi. When you want a 3d bluray connect the tv hdmi to the ps3 set the ps3 to output video over hdmi and audio over optical. Its a pain but it will work.

Sorry to pose another question about 3D / Audio connections on the 806 , but would I be right in thinking that if I bought a 3d Blu ray player with 7.1 analogue outputs ( IE Phillips 7000 series) would I be able to run HDMI straight to the TV ( For 3D) and then connect the 7.1 analogue outputs to the 806 and still receive True HD / DTS HD through the system ?
Has all got a bit confusing , just trying not to buy a new amp , as the telly has taken all the finance :)

Dazz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom