Trying to work out cables for Panny 6 arrival

B

blue_tarragon

Sorry to post several times with questions....but...

I have the Panny 6 arriving this Friday with an RGB Scart board.

I have seen on the Forum here that a lot of people are recommending either the JS Technologies RGB2YUV or RGB2 VGA Converter.

Will I need one of these and if so which one?

I presume I would then need a VGA lead or YUV cable (whatever that is)?

Thanks.

You wont actually need an RGB2xxx converter - IIRC you've already got a scart switch for all your inputs, so just connect that straight to the RGB Scart board. Job done.

However you might want to try out the RGB2VGA converter (with a VGA cable), since it's reputed to give improved picture quality over the panny scart board.

FYI - a YUV cable is just a regular 3-way component cable. For the panny you'd want a 3RCA to 3BNC cable if you had a component card, or a 3RCA to VGA cable to connect component into the VGA input.

Cheers, Carl.

Thanks Carl.

Yes I have all devices on pure RGB going into an RGB auto switcher then one single RGB Scart from that to my TV (soon to be Panny 6).

I will try the RGB Scart first and see what I think.

Perhaps worth me getting hold of an RGB2VGA converter and cable to compare.

Many thanks again.

Sorry - getting very excited about the new arrival now!

Perhaps worth me getting hold of an RGB2VGA converter and cable to compare

Please do - I'd been keen to hear what sort of difference you see.

I've played around with various options on mine, but have ended up back on the scart inputs. But I haven't tried a RGB2VGA converter. I suppose I should give it a go since I can probably borrow a mates one for an evening just to see what happens.

I use a Netgem iPlayer (freeview box), which happens to support component out through it's Scart connection. Gave that a go into the panny 6 component board - but it was much softer than the Scart connection. So that was a waste of a scart to component cable !

Mind you, for the time it was connected like that, I really missed the auto-aspect switching. For one reason or another, it didn't work over the component connection. With that and the softer picture it's now back to it's regular scart connection.

It's all fun and games though :laugh:

Cheers, Carl.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom