Trying to watch an outdoor movie - help

webs007

Guys,

I noticed a blowup screen for sale (garden use) fairly cheap, thought about a projector and I keep reading some £300 projectors are claiming to have 7000 Lumins and 10000:1 contrast......

would these be bright enough to watch a movie ( obviously not great quality ) but watchable early evening ? are these projectors really claiming 7000 lumins?

Also I have an old Epsom EH-Tw6000W are projectors like

Artlii Energon 2 Video Projector​

brighter and better ?

Any help appreciated.I would love to see a picture of anyone who has got a screen / projector to work in the garden. I have some shade and it could be used back projected...........?

Any advice ?

-ALan

jacobe

Guys,

... I keep reading some £300 projectors are claiming to have 7000 Lumins and 10000:1 contrast......

are these projectors really claiming 7000 lumins?

They can claim whatever they want. If measured according to the ANSI standard, which respectable vendors adhere to, those "amazing" cheap Chinese would probably measure somewhere in the low hundreds. To put it mildly, those numbers are HIGHLY exagerated. Also, it's "lumens". not "lumins".

A decent entry-level projector that works, again, decently, in a completely dark room, will have from around 1500-2000 lumens and up. Those numbers are best case scenario, new lamp at 100% power, brightest preset etc. What you're trying to do is the worst case scenario, a very faint lamp in almost impossible conditions. Contrast would be a joke.

Then there are other factors like humidity. Projectors don't like that.

By all means, with a brand new lamp your old Epson might work. Those cheap Amazon projectors? Forget it.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom