Trying to track down name of a music video

AlexisB

Novice Member
The videos main singer who's face is man on one side and woman on the other and is slender tall attractive character either way but sings in french I believe. The video is kind of like singing from both the man's perspective and then the woman's but played by only one person with face split n painted and outfit diff on both sides. It's almost a Broadway musical play kind of feel to it I guess. I believe it starts out with him singing as male and as the background changes from like street scene and music slows a bit more somber serious type n to inside kitchen as he sits at a table looking sadened as the background dancers place sweater over shoulders act of console ment if you will but symbolizes feminine lime a shawl n then as he stands n turns the transition to the female part is then having makeup on the inside n hair neatly done up in the back on one the side of split face. Acts as if washing dish at sink and is veiewing the relationship from her perspective as he/she saunders round their make believe home or life kind of showing him as atypical pig man n her as put upon or neglected kinda then music kinda changes again speeds up as transitions back to man as turns his face to other side again n stepping back on to street scene as background dancers join again and a woman steps up to partner him in a sort of modern or exaggerated theatrical type of tango like dance. I believe In pant suit n fedora outfit It's almost like how macklemore n ryan do the song "Downtown" as they all split n line up dancing. So Can anyone recall anything like this to help me find it, please. It was actually really neat and music was good. Thank you

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Instantly thought of Christine and the queen's.

AlexisB

Novice Member
No I looked that up but ok so this is it's less broadway more creative arts then. The main character is super slender and tall with very tan skin and dark hair pretty exotic features being a guy slick modern look guy wearing a button up jacket n a bolo or fedora hat. And just as a quick turn able to instantly swap to this attractive intriguing woman that draws your attention with sophisticated touch with hair neatly pinned humurasly only on the one side if course. The video is well done and corigraphed not just clips from shows they've done at plays it's an actual music video showed studies in performance arts & dance. The exaggerated dance of the two doin a sort of tango though quite silly especially with how long his legs are compared to the length of pants hed had on but I remember watching it and without under standing french even you still knew exactly the emotions and the point they were getting across.

nvingo

Distinguished Member
You can look up 'puttin on the hits, endless love' for something like, though it's a stage TV show mime performance (by an actor who became an actress) .

stblob

The description sounds like it could the French band called " La Femme" but probably not.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Do we have a rough era this may have been?

AlexisB

Novice Member
Thank you everyone I found it Stromae "Tous Les Mêmes" first time using a forum but had results in matter of few days pretty cool thanks for the help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom