Trying to stream You Tube Music via Yamaha Musiccast Controller

Markwig0

Novice Member
Hi all, my first post on here so be kind ;)

I have recently set myself up with the Yamaha Musiccast controller app and am enjoying the connectivity. But, I like streaming the hours of music free on You Tube, loads of good chilled mixes on there but I don't know if there is a way to stream it from a PC or laptop (or even the smartphone) via the Music Cast controller to the speakers.
Has anyone managed to do this?
Thanks for any guidance.

bmbm

Novice Member
Did you contact Yamaha support? They recently helped me stream YT music via Musiccast on my iPad on Zones 1 and 2. My experience was that it would play for awhile then stop and sometimes not easy to restart. Usually had to power down the iPad and restart. My iPad is just old enough that it won't update to the latest release and I will not be purchasing a new one.
I also just started a free trial to Amazon music (no commercials and now includes HD) and it played more reliably. I have enjoyed YT music for years but they started including commercials to encourage you to sign up for the premium plan.
This is at my vacation home and was there for just a few days in May so not long enough to try other options like using a laptop or smartphone as you specifically mentioned but I plan to. My setup is with a TSR 700 and wired speakers for two zones.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom