Trying to stream DTS over NAS to X6700H

tvstaff

Novice Member
Hi, I'm trying to stream an extensive multi-channel music collection in Hi-Rez Multichannel formats like DTS to my Denon X6700H. I use PLEX Server.

The Denon keeps coming up with an error message that the format is not supported.

Does anyone have a work around? I tried hooking an external hard drive to my Oppo Player and it worked for a while until the Oppo corrupted or blew out the portable 4TB drive. It is also a pain to have to disconnect the portable drive and update it on a PC and hook and un-hook it.

There must be some way to stream DTS to my X6700H? It's supposed to be a modern AVR???

Thank you

Krobar

What device are you using Plex on? Are you using ARC/EARC to the Denon for this streaming? The Denon fully supports all varieties of DTS but source device and DTS support within ARC/EARC can be patchy.

tvstaff

Novice Member
a
What device are you using Plex on? Are you using ARC/EARC to the Denon for this streaming? The Denon fully supports all varieties of DTS but source device and DTS support within ARC/EARC can be patchy.
SOLVED: I'm using PLEX Server on an iMAC and now streaming to my Samsung Q90 through the PLEX Player I downloaded as an ap. The Samsung Q90 TV eARC to the Denon X6700H is now playing DTS Music. Thank you!!! :)

Now I just need PLEX to recognize all my sub folders in my music folder. Real Challenge as PLEX is ignoring some folders.

Krobar

a

SOLVED: I'm using PLEX Server on an iMAC and now streaming to my Samsung Q90 through the PLEX Player I downloaded as an ap. The Samsung Q90 TV eARC to the Denon X6700H is now playing DTS Music. Thank you!!! :)

Now I just need PLEX to recognize all my sub folders in my music folder. Real Challenge as PLEX is ignoring some folders.
Lucky you have a Sony. LG and Samsung TVs will not do DTS over ARC/EARC.

tvstaff

Novice Member
Lucky you have a Sony. LG and Samsung TVs will not do DTS over ARC/EARC.
I have a Samsung Q90 and it does stream my FTS files from PLEX to my X6700H in my MAIN speaker group.

Only issue now is with PLEX, it won't recognize a folder filled with FLAC files. Aghhhhhhhh

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom