• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Trying to remember the name of a band

Tbone68

Hi All,

Not a lot to give you here, but this morning I woke up with some brain cells reminding me of a song/band I used to listen to a while back.

It was a very gravelly voiced rock star, around the same time as Guns and Roses, Pearljam etc.

It is doing my head in. I am working away from home at the moment, otherwise I would just have a rake around my CD collection to see if it appeared.

So frustrating, and sorry I cant give more info.

Tbone68

Hi guys, thanks for the help.

Its neither of those, maybe a bit mopre commercial.

There is a track, slow to start then the guy slowly rasps" my sweet, mary jane" or something like that, before bursting into life.

vader100

Quireboys, they had some good songs in their time. Same with Little Angels around the same time.

signs

Banned
Saw Quireboys last year supporting some band at Rock City (might have been Thunder come to think of it ) Not A bad band just seems odd a jordy trying to sing in an American accent!.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Ah the memories.....Quireboys 1st album is good old rock n roll fun, even if its a Faces rip-off. He even sounds like Rod Stewart. I think I saw them supporting Aerosmith years ago.

Love/Hate's 1st and 2nd albums were great ! I saw Little Angels support Van Halen on the For Unlawful...tour. Never had any of their stuff though

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom