Trying to ID local trouble maker after threat - update

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bluedroog, May 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bluedroog

bluedroog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,409
    I posted about an incident some weeks back here: Trying to ID local trouble maker after threat to briefly recap, on my way to work one morning some low life nutter tried to attack me, I managed to wrestle him to the ground when he came at me and I made a swift exit. Aware of alarming levels of aggression I was watching my back and good job I did because I just managed to avoid him as he cycled up behind me ready to smash me with a house brick by jumping in the back of a stranger's car. He made sinister threats as he stalked the car at a traffic light so I took a photograph of him but unfortunately gave him the idea to do the same.

The incident left me quite unsettled due to the proximity to my house / route to work / fact he has a photo of me and just how sinister he was in his willingness to use extreme violence. The police came round, took copies of the image etc but haven't identified him. When I try convey what level this guy was operating on people seem to think his threats were hollow, he'll reflect, forget etc - he won't, and he has me as a marked man as far as I'm concerned, or at least the risk is enough for me to take seriously.

Anyway the update. With the police not being able (finding the time?) to ID him I have been asking about a bit. A few newsagents thought he looked familiar but after I thought I caught sight of him for the second time since I went to a nearby supermarket and showed their head of security. He nodded and instantly recognised him. He confirmed this guy is bad news and is seen loitering in the car park "almost daily" with a gang. OK I thought, well I knew that already and it wasn't too far from where he attacked me so I'm hoping he lives that end and doesn't venture down my end too often. The good news is he said I can give him the crime reference number and next time he has an incident he can let the police know.

A few days later I am talking to someone with privileged information who asks to see the picture, his face dropped. I need to be careful with what I say here as this person has responsibilities, wider picture etc on community issues is seems this guy spends much of his time in a crack house which I have learnt of its location. He was quite serious in his warning "these people are the lowest of the low, the dredges of depraved humanity" I have it on good authority that not only is this place operating as a crack house it is operating in child sexual exploitation. It is fronted as the most uninviting (now I know why) grocery shop, bare shelves, windows with cages over them, lights off and some nasty looking bloke standing in the door way, as if to deter anyone stupid enough to actually attempt popping in for milk. What is really worrying is not only is this only a few hundred meters from my house (and on the opposite direction from the super market), my street is the only direct route one would take between these two locations he is know to frequent.

The person I was talking to was unable to give me a name but upon my insistence I needed to feel safe I was advised to stay north of Road X where said crack house is located. As I said I only live a few hundred meters north of this street and the supermarket is northwards of my house anyway. I had the idea to check the catchment area which would put these two people in contact and the boundary is virtually on said road, if my reasonable assumptions are correct it leaves only a small cluster of streets where this guy could be based. It is so close to my home and he must pass my house daily if he's spotted up the other end so often. I'm not suggesting this crackhead has any sort of authority to escalate his threats towards me, but the places he hangs out are operated by some of the most notorious Yardie gangs based in Harlesden. I do however assume he has circulated my photograph around associates.

Perhaps I have been thinking this through too much and this guy can't even remember it, but while I may be talking worst case scenario it is a threat I take seriously and is really impacting how comfortable I am around my own area.

I just need peace of mind and want to find out exactly who this guy is and put it on a plate for the police because they don't have the time to actively investigate this kind of thing.

I can hope the supermarket security ID him and the police actually follow through, I'd imagine they'd only do that if he was arrested at the time for another offence.

I can check the codes of contact for the person I spoke with and see if I can convince him there is a case for breaking confidentiality.

I intend to contact the more specific 'Safer Neighbourhood' police teams (the station that dealt with me is actually based relatively far away) and see if they can ID him as they'll have a better local knowledge of local petty criminals, his location I suspect is actually on a couple of boundaries.

I have been incessantly searching community Facebook groups, Google images attached to local papers with "&imgtype=face" (as I know he has served prison time relatively recently) etc to no avail. I have even considered trying a paid for facial recognition site called Wolftam Alpha which is supposed to be a very powerful tool but think given the quality of the image with this guy's hood up might be a waste of time, and I doubt he's all over social media posting selfies.

I just know what else to do?

I don't really have any specific advice I'm looking for, mostly just venting so apologies for the paranoid ramble.

One question I do have, if anyone is involved with the Police Service, CPS etc - is there any chance this guy would even get charged given the only evidence is my statement and a photograph of him leering through a car window? I have even searched any number of term combinations on social media to see if any one who thinks people care what they're doing at any given minute happened to post #hoodie #brick #pedestrian, #OMGsomerandomjustjumpedinthebackofmycar given there were about fifty witnesses sitting in traffic.

2. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,881
    Relax. If he was that dangerous you'd be dead by now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. hippo99

hippo99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,346
    As it's been almost two months, I'd say he's probably forgotten about you (being a crack head his memory is probably like a sieve).

Unless you've got a really unique face, even if he & his associates have a clear picture of you (probably be a blurred pic if you were moving in the car), it's incredibly hard to recognise someone walking down the street.

Take for instance this clear pic of a random person on Google. It's a clear pic, but can you imagine if you were trying to recognise him on a street? Just looks like any other white man in a suit, with stubble. The crack head's pic is probably quite blurry as it's impossible to take a sharp pic on a camera phone when the subject is moving (image stabilisation helps if the person taking the pic is moving, not if the subject is moving).
    IMG_1399.JPG

4. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +440
    I don't think the police will help you if you do find out who he is, nothing has really happened yet.

5. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,996
    Reviewing later

6. Wahreo

Wahreo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,401
    It's grim up North

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. MrSossidge

MrSossidge
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,282
    Move on with your life. Don't dwell on it.

8. bluedroog

bluedroog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,409
    The car wasn't moving, it was stuck in traffic, he took a direct picture of me from about a meter away, he even managed to get the door open at once point.

9. Naaktgeboren

Naaktgeboren
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,090
    Is this a wind up?

10. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    If he's a scumbag having confrontations with people is a daily occurrence. As you're a normal guy this is a much bigger deal. I bet he's forgotten about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,176
    I'd say it has been forgotten about.

12. wilbanat

wilbanat
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,543
    The phone he used has probably gone to cash converters by now.
    I understand it's worrying but if you keep asking about, you could ask the wrong person and they may let him know that such and such keeps asking about him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. hippo99

hippo99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,346
    You were moving inside the car trying to avoid his camera. ie try taking a picture of a hyperactive toddler & see if it comes out blurry.

14. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,996
    Relevance?

The OP is in London isn't he?

15. Mr Noble

Mr Noble
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,019
    Presume you meant North London yeah?....

16. bluedroog

bluedroog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,409
    I don't find it funny.

17. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,996
    I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to start a new thread though tbh

18. bluedroog

bluedroog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,409
    mostly just venting[/QUOTE]

19. aVdub

aVdub
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,055
    [merge]threads[/merge]

20. hippo99

hippo99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,346
    I don't think he was trying to be funny. Just stating the fact that the police probably won't get involved.

If anything, having the police pull him up & refresh his memory might actually make things worse as he might suddenly be motivated to teach the 'grass' a lesson.

It looks like he's forgotten you & moved on. Best just leave things alone & not (inadvertently) stir up a hornets nest.

21. Graham27

Graham27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Being involved in a situation like that must have been frightening for you, but probably no big deal for him. As such, he's probably forgotten all about it. As others have said, it's probably not worth worrying about now.

I used to have quite a few similar incidents with shoplifters in Glasgow, and at the start it really shook me up. I'd do what you were doing, I'd ask about and see who they were, and usually all I'd achieve would be frightening myself. Then a while later I'd bump into the same loonballs again and they'd have no clue who I was. They'd threaten to stab me one day, then ask if they could borrow a quid for a cuppa the next.

I eventually sussed out that if typical druggie shoplifters genuinely went after everyone they threatened, they'd be rather too busy to get on with the far more important tasks of taking drugs, shoplifting stuff to get money for drugs, harassing street performers and shouting at pigeons.

I'm sure you'd rather have closure, but it's unlikely you'll get it so best not to waste time devoting yourself to seeking it. If the Police aren't concerned, try not to be either.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  22. Ste7en

Ste7en
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,768
    Perhaps so. But I don't think you can have him arrested for 'not amusing you'.

Chill out man, you're making yourself ill. He obviously doesn't remember it or you'd have had Round 2 by now.

23. McVicar

McVicar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,223
    A stab in the dark but I'd guess @Wahreo meant anywhere north of his location, which is probably further south than London.

24. Dony

Dony
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,718
    I think he meant North as in the area of the estate this crackhead hangs out.

25. GMC79

GMC79
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,149
    If he's a junkie he not gonna remember couple days ago let alone you 2 months ago, forget about it. Dob the crackhouse in if need be as that don't sound good if kids in the street etc but otherwise forget about it.
    At best we'll see the bust on tv next year lol

26. McVicar

McVicar
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,223
    I'll stick to my guns as I guessed that wahreo doesn't live in London but South OF London (not South london), so anywhere North of where wahreo lives is grim :D probably wrong though

27. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I would leave this be, but report your new findings on the crackhouse to the police, especially considering the child sexual exploitation aspect of things. Heck, I was ready to ring up my old contacts to take the place down but it would be a crazy thing to do.

Yardie gangs, especially around Harlesden, usually carry some form of weaponry, the foot soldiers often have guns. With this guy you're looking for barely being able to ride a cycle, I doubt he figures too high up their ranks, but if you keep poking and prodding, you risk putting a spotlight on yourself with the higher ups..... and that would not be a good thing.

At the moment you are a vague recollection of one of their nobodies, do not become the gang's person of interest.

You are not Liam Neeson, and this is not Taken.

This is real life, hand your findings to the police, alert the local media anonymously if you see no action being taken. But otherwise, stay well away, and stay safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  28. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,996
    A wonderful picture is being painted of this particular part of London o_O

29. hippo99

hippo99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,346
    ...I believe contactless card skimming is rife in this part of London also ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  30. bluedroog

bluedroog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,409
    Ironically I actually live in quite a desirable neighbourhood but as is often the case in cities we're on the doorstep of one which is less so. Not sure if anyone is familiar with the gang violence in Harlesden and the Chalkhill Estate but it is rife. An innocent man was murderd with an Uzi in broad daylight a year or so ago. Just a few weeks ago a 15 year old boy was stabbed to death outside the City Acadamy. I had to drive through one of the worst bits the over day and there are youths flanking every street corner on their own on bikes. It doesn't tend to spill over their post code territory but when one idiot involved in this sort of lifestyle takes a dislike to you and has your picture it isn't fun.