Trying to hook up my PC speakers to Sony STR Receiver, help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mrsneakyz28, Jan 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mrsneakyz28

mrsneakyz28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So by using a y-adapter and running an rca cable from my sound card to my dvd player I am able to get sound. However the issue is that the sound went out on my tv so I want to run my pc speakers to my Sony receiver so I can watch tv and play video games with sound from the pc speakers but it is not working at all! Any ideas?

2. bu5ter

bu5ter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    you need to give a bit more detail as you say your pluggin the sound out from your pc to your dvd player???? why would you do this unless of course when you refer to your dvd player and your receiver this is one and the same thing?

your pc speakers wil probably be active so they have their own built in amp hence why you dont find it easy to connect. why dont you just plug your pc speakers straight into your pc and bypass the dvd player/receiver?

3. mrsneakyz28

mrsneakyz28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1.I have no sound on my tv...

2.I am using an rca cable with a y-adapter to 3.5mm stereo jack and inserting it into the line-in on my pc to get sound out of my pc speakers for my tv. This works when I go directly from my cable box, or directly from my xbox or dvd player.

3.I want to plug all my devices (cable box, xbox 360, dvd player, tv) into my receiver and then use the rca -> y-adapter connection to go from my receiver to my pc. Problem is when I do this I get no sound whatsoever. For some reason the receiver is not getting any sound from the pc speakers.

I've even tried just using the fm tuner on the receiver with the pc speakers hooked up and I get nothing. I bougth the receiver to be able to do this and now it is useless.

4. sp_harris

sp_harris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Why do you want the sound to go from your amp to the PC?

Would it no be better to get some speakers for the amp? Then put the PC as an input to the amp.

Also if you post which Sony STR Receiver model you have, people will be able to give you better advice.