• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Trying to go wireless on old Mitac 5033 laptop

rosanco

Standard Member
Am already running desktop PC to router with wireless printing & wireless internet to laptop (Acer Extensa). I am now trying to get the above old laptop wirelessly configured as well. The old machine is a Ks2-300 mhz with 96 meg ram & 4 gig HD orginally running on WIN98. As the cardbus adapter only recognises O/S from WIN98SE I have formatted & installed WIN XP. ( I know what you will say but at least its still working very slowly). However i have downloaded the adapter drivers then inserted the card as per instructions but still nothing. On opening up the folder it still says "no driver installed". Ive uninstalled & reinstalled but still the same problem. Should I give up the ghost with this 10 yr old machine or is it me & not the laptop?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom