1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to get the best picture out of my new plasma television.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pasky, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Pasky

Pasky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a Samsung SP-P4251 (im in the US) and set it up and im running my dvd's from my dvd player through component video. However, when doing this im noticing that I have a lot of "clay" like colors. Is this normal with a plasma television or can this be corrected? Its almost like the plasma doesn't have enough colors to display all at once so it blends them in. Its really distracting for me and im wondering if this can be fine tuned out. Thank you for any help.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    This is a common Samsung issue, though I can't comment specifically on your plasma, it appears to be a US only model, we get a slightly different one over here, this being a UK based forum. I'd suggest buying a copy of the Digital video essentials DVD, Amazon sell it, and following the guidance in there. It's about $15, well worth taking a chance on. It should help, even if you are unable to totally eliminate the problem.

3. Pasky

Pasky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, I will give that a shot. Could anyone else chime in who has had the same issue with this model any other suggestions? Thank you.