Trying to get out of paying for additional sky box.

simonjanda

Novice Member
I had Sky installed but discontinued using it. I am left with the dish and Sat Box. Which I can use for freeview stuff.
Right I am trying to be clever here and hence it will probably fail - but if I bought a new sky box so I had 2 and connected a new LNB with the appropriate connections and then re-subscribed to Sky, could I put each box in different rooms and watch different sky channels. So I have the extra box with out the extra montly cost?

phil-uk

Novice Member
could I put each box in different rooms and watch different sky channels. So I have the extra box with out the extra montly cost?
Different freeview channels, yes, but not the sky subscription channels, you will need multiroom for that.

You could run the RF2 feed out of the 'paid for box' to the 2nd location, you would then have all the freeview channels which you could watch independantly and if you then wanted to watch something only available on subscription then turn your TV to the RF2 feed from the main box, obviously your'd have to watch the same thing but will save the tenner a month.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom