Trying to get details from 192.com

dodgydaz

Established Member
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone can help me with this. Basically, I want to contact the family of an old friend who died about 10 years ago. I know they still live in the same town but when I went to where they used to live, they had moved house.
I have found some details on 192.com but in order to view them properly, I need to buy credits. I only want to use this service once so dont really want to pay £20 odd quid- me being tight and all.
I wondered if any kind AV Forum members had joined this service and were willing to let me have one credit so I can get in touch with this family.
I am not a stalker or anything daft like that. There is a genuine reason for this.
Can anyone help??

Wierd this....Last week I went on there & accessed loads of people without credits, since then it's stopped....?

Is 192.com the only website you can use? I tried 118118 but they did not list the name I wanted at all. Its a little frustrating knowing that they are still living in my old town but not knowing how to contact them.....

There must be some sort of local register you can get hold of to find people....

Tried bt.com but they did not list the name either. I have a feeling that my old friends are now ex directory as I tried to access my own details and couldnt. I am also ex directory. I then tried my parents and was given all their details as they are in the ordinary phone book.
Quite worrying then that if you are ex directory, someone can still obtain your details if they are prepared to pay for it.

You need somewhere, that hold electrol roll entries...the local town hall, and its free.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom