1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to fix a Toshiba TLP511

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alanfcross, Jan 25, 2005.

1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to get hold of a service manual for this from anywhere in the world. Even then, repairs might prove to be beyond me! Can anyone help?
    Fault 1: Projector is 'dead' on power up, but after 10 mins the standby light will come on, and the projector can be operated normally. I've checked lamp connections and the safety switches on the covers.
    Fault 2: The LH 10% of the screen shows serious lateral misalignment of the blue signal.
    I'm trying to fix this us for a camera club, so there's not much budget. Perhaps it's not worth fixing?
    User manual makes reference to resetting a lamp timer when replacing it, and says see lamp instructions, which I don't have. How do I check this? Could this, or a failing lamp, be causing the startup problem?
    Any help appreciated on this. Our 70 members will be most grateful!

2. thogan

thogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem with this projector. It doesn't turn on. Only I can't even find a User Manual for it. Any chance I can get a copy of that from you?

3. Elite Dave

Elite Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The projector requires repair of the main power supply which is no big problem. Also if there is ghosting to either left hand or right hand side...1 or 2 of the LCD`s have gone faulty. This is very common problem with these particular LCD`s. Yellow ghosting = Blue panel faulty, Cyan = red and magneta = green

Dave