• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Trying to find a great 42inch tv for gaming

velcrocow

Standard Member
Hello,

I recently bought an LG 42LM760T TV, mainly for films and xbox 360 gaming. The guy in Curries assured me that the TV's 240 hz technology would mean that I got no ghosting/motion blur, so it would be a great choice for gaming now, and when the next generation comes along at Christmas.

Well, I'm returning it. There's some pretty bad ghosting/flickering in Fifa 13 when the camera moves quickly, and I've also noticed some ghosting in COD and Rage. I've messed around with the Trumotion settings, and phoned Currys and LV, but no help there. It's a real shame, as other games with slower motion (eg Rayman) look absolutely fantastic, and the TV itself is bursting with cool features.

I've done a bit of research online, and it looks like the Panasonic TX-P42GT50 is a good option for gaming, (although I'm a bit put off by the active 3d, I prefer passive like LG's solution). So my questions are...

a) Does anyone own a Panasonic TX-P42GT50, and if so, would they recommend it for gaming?

b) Can anyone recommend an alternative 42inch TV for gaming. My primary concern is ghosting/motion blur, as apparently my eyes are extremely sensitive to it.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom