Trying to diagnose vision issues with Yamaha RX-V683 AV receiver and old Samsung TV

geojay

I've recently moved my Yamaha RX-V683 AV receiver to a new location and it is now connected to an old Samsung LE32A558P3F TV by HDMI with various devices connected to the AV receiver's HDMI inputs including a PS4 and a weeks old 4k Amazon Fire TV stick. We're now experiencing visions issues watching the Fire Stick and using the PS4 as shown in the video at . We're seeing bands of the picture drop out and replaced with black / white static and the PS4 seems to then drop out entirely.The issue seems to be intermittent, sometimes it's fine and then it relapses. Presumably it could be the TV or the AV Receiver; the TV is old and will be replaced as soon as I have time but has performed just fine up until now. The AV receiver is a few years old and has had no issues in its previous location but I'm nervous that something has gone wrong during the move. The move involved a short car journey and the receiver was well wrapped up (albeit, not in the original packaging), well secured and was handled carefully.

Can anyone offer any suggestion as to what might be causing this based on experience or suggest what further diagnostics might help? For what it's worth, plugging the Fire stick directly into the TV seems to eliminate the issue. We don't currently have another TV to hand at this location to try swapping that out.

Thanks in anticipation!

DavidT

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom