Trying to contact BK

Paradise

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was trying to contact BK for some information on their subwoofer amplifers. I went to their page and filled out the contact form twice over a few days. I received no response so I tried calling them. I might be dialing the number incorrectly, though. I'm in the US. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!:cool:

What information are you after, we might be able to help with that to begin with. Also, when calling them, did you use the correct country code (44)?

FWIW, Ive used the questions page about 3 times, and had a pretty quick response each time.

I was trying to get a firm, complete price including shipping on their subwoofer amplifiers. I just have no idea on how much that would cost.

If you have had no luck by tomorrow, let me know and I will ring them for you and find out if I can.

Ok. I'll try tomorrow morning once more. Thanks.

Just in case the number is a little out Paradise here is the exact number to call BK Electronics in Essex England.

011-44-1702-527-572

If you are unable to connect your call, dial 00 and ask the international operator to help you place the call.

Do not dial "1" first as you would making a long distance call in the US. If you are calling from a phone that requires you to dial "9" first, your sequence would be 9.011.44.XXX.XXX.XXXX

Also because the United States is roughly five hours behind British Summer Time, I would think that the best time to call for you would be approximately between 4 AM and 12 midday U.S. local time.

Last edited:
I guess what was throwing me off was on their site, the number they posted has an extra 0 in it. I'll try in the morning.

I guess what was throwing me off was on their site, the number they posted has an extra 0 in it. I'll try in the morning.

You only use the leading zero in the Country of origin Paradise - that's why it's in brackets for international callers.

I call abroad regularly so I know how tricky it can be sometimes.

They tend not to answer if you ring at lunch time, but I think that's a good thing, traditional/expert/quality company! :)

Last edited:
Well, I tried calling 3 times today but it just keeps going to voicemail. Perhaps they close early on Friday. (?)

Hi,

Don't know if you've yet managed to contact them but on Thursday 10th I successfully contacted them to place an order for an XXLS400 :D

Very excited.

I say this only so you know they are there and taking calls at least I blooming hope they're still there or I shall be very disappointed come the end of June!

Maybe you did just try a little too late. Between normal business hours should be ok but to be on the safe side I would try between 10am and 4pm UK time.

Good luck!

What time? Hope I was first, don't want to wait any longer than I have to! ;)

Which finish did you go for? I went for mahogany to match some other furniture in the room. Figured if it blends in the wife will be happier but to be honest I think she's looking forward to hearing it too, though probably not as much as I am :blush:

We should compare notes when they are both up and running

What time? Hope I was first, don't want to wait any longer than I have to! ;)

Which finish did you go for? I went for mahogany to match some other furniture in the room. Figured if it blends in the wife will be happier but to be honest I think she's looking forward to hearing it too, though probably not as much as I am :blush:

We should compare notes when they are both up and running

mmm i think it was 7 pm hehehe but i live in Spain so if you are from UK i think you'll get it first :mad:

I went for black ash finish...i think the black veneer look must be very nice. I was between that one and matt black (it was hard to decide :p)

Yeah we can compare..i'll try to borrow an SPL Meter to set them right and i hope my room won't be too problematic with the sound (i don't have much furniture).

I got a hold of them this morning! Now I'm just waiting on some information back from them. Thanks, all! Wish me luck.

Hope you guys will have more luck.
I placed an order for XXLS400 on 12 may and I still haven't received it yet.
I called them on beginning of June and they told me they have a speaker supply problem, and that they will send me the sub only on 28 June when they receive new supply of speakers.
Hope they are truthful and that I will get my sub then..still 12 days to go . The wait is killing me :(

just fired off a email to tom to see how long my monolith will be as i think they use the same drivers

spoke to bk and they said should be middle of next week for my monolith:smashin:

spoke to bk and they said should be middle of next week for my monolith:smashin:

That's brilliant evilkegs - you will absolutely adore it.I know wonder BK are busy - they must build hundreds of subs just for the guys on this forum!

yeah it should look nice in walnut i hope to have it by next weekend then i can test it out on all the blu rays i have been holding back on because i wanted to watch them with some proper bass :smashin:just need to decide on either a gramma or granite plinths

yeah it should look nice in walnut i hope to have it by next weekend then i can test it out on all the blu rays i have been holding back on because i wanted to watch them with some proper bass :smashin:just need to decide on either a gramma or granite plinths

If you're on concrete floors (with laminate or carpet flooring) - I'd just try Soundcare Superspikes - they even work upstairs on wooden floorboards - for me at least.

The other options would be just get some Aurelex high density foam loose - cut to size, a granite worktop off cut or a couple of cheapy granite chopping boards from Sainsburys or wherever.

wooden floors with laminate flooring but i have been out looking at carpets as i fancy a change plus it mite help with the sound

Carpets won't make a jot of difference with the sub, but it will help loads with the main speakers. I'd just use the rubber inserts if placing on a wooden floor and see how you go before trying out fancy subwoofer support solutions.

Russell

Carpets won't make a jot of difference with the sub, but it will help loads with the main speakers. I'd just use the rubber inserts if placing on a wooden floor and see how you go before trying out fancy subwoofer support solutions.

Russell

Yeah Russell sometimes you can just be lucky with placement and you don't need a solution to a problem that doesn't exist in the first place.

Well, I still haven't heard back from BK even after a few phone calls and emails. I guess the amplifiers are shipped in wooden crates but I need to know the dimensions and weight so I can figure out shipping. Does anybody here have that information? I'm interested in the BSBPV300 and 500.

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom