trying to connect xbox 360 to pc, for windows media connect AGGHHHH

bellyfluff9

Standard Member
Reaction score
HELP,

this is driving me crazy, i have the xbox hooked upstairs and it connects to xbox live no problem. however, now i am trying to connect to windows media centre, but with no luck. I have Mcfee security suite installed and to date i have disabled firewall, uninstalled privacy service and windows media connect still wont install.

Please help somebody

Many Thanks

b

are they both wireless connections? if so, mine wouldn't work either until one (either the xbox OR the PC) was connected to the router via ethernet cable. Hope that helps :)

Interested to know as well as I can't get the xbox to connect to the media center pc. Both are hard wired and I've been through the various set up steps several times, disabled Norton but the pc can't see the xbox at all.

HELP,
...i am trying to connect to windows media centre, but with no luck. I have Mcfee security suite installed and to date i have disabled firewall, uninstalled privacy service and windows media connect still wont install.

You don't need to install Windows Media Connect if you have a pc running Window Media centre.

yes they are both wireless, microsoft say that you have to install windows media connect so how does it work if you dont have to?

Have also spoken to Mcafee and they were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, i am now thinking its perhaps the firewall in the router, will check out the Belkin website later.

after trying to install windows media connect, the two error messages that came were 1: cannot connect to xbox due to Mcafee firewall and 2: (after disabling firewall and privacy service) cannot find xbox on network.

I think hard wiring one is possibly the way, will have to wait until i get a phone point installed in the study

J

care to tell us how? ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom