Standard Member
My kit is as follows:

H72i PJ
Std Sky digi box with scart output
Pioneer 1016 AV Receiver with 2x HDMI and 1x Hdmi out + component up-conversion
DVD player with HDMI out
XBox 360 with HD Compoent out
Pioneer 435xde + media box

The problem that I have is getting Sky into both the plasma and my projector.

At present Sky goes into the Plasma media box through RGB Scart but I do not have one of these connections on my Pioneer receiver as it will only accept composite and svideo.

Can somebody tell me what my options are and the best way of getting the best picture out to my PJ.

All help appreciated.

Buck37

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply, yeah that looks likme a viable option.

I have also been looking at used digi boxes and have found a Grundig box that has and S Video output, I pressume this will laso go into my AV Receiver and alow me to go into the projector via component, with the receiver upscaling the S Video to component.

Anybody confirm this will work??

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
mikee5402 said:
Thanks for the reply, yeah that looks likme a viable option.

I have also been looking at used digi boxes and have found a Grundig box that has and S Video output, I pressume this will laso go into my AV Receiver and alow me to go into the projector via component, with the receiver upscaling the S Video to component.

Anybody confirm this will work??

there shouldnt be any upscaling, both s-vid and component will provide 576i if i remember correct, you will simply be converting the signal type from s-vid to component.....however it will still be s-vid quality........if you want component quality from your sky box to both displays, you need to use the RGB Scart output and the RGB Scart to Component adaptor.......run that in to your AV amp and assuming you have both Component output and HDMI outputs you should be able to run one to the display and one to the PJ.......

el bingo......hopefully..lol

Buck37

Standard Member
Cheers mate

So that I am clear I could I get the following:

Pio 1016 AV receiver feeds the following:

HDMI out feeding PJ - connecting DVD player and Sky?

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
if the amp upconverts component to HDMI then yes, DVD player can be either HDMI if it has it or component in to the AV amp, and the sky box you use a RGB Scart to Component adaptor in to the AV amp.....both these then go out the HDMI output to the PJ :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom