• Watch our Live Stream podcast now. This week we interview Chris Mullins from Sony Professional about the latest native Sony 4K projectors and we discuss the best Hi-Fi products of the year. Join us and ask the team questions

Trying to choose a charity to benefit from my sponsored Half Marathon - help!

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Hi all.

I'm going to do a sponsored Half Marathon in the early part of next year and so as well as thinking of all the training involved I wanted a charity to benefit from this and give me real motivation to get stuck in.

I have already done a run for the British heart foundation and looking for something new. I have already thought of Help For Heroes and the NSPCC ... anyone got any worthy charities that could benefit ....

cheers

kav

Distinguished Member
I'm doing a 10k for Cancer Research UK at the end of this month (in sig). Also there's this one which focuses specifically on Prostate Cancer - my team are debating growing a "mo" in November for this.

Saggy

I help run Aston pre-school and we are always looking for donations or sponsor for events we do. last year I got one of the teaching staff to jump out of an airoplane for us :) We are trying to raise funds for a new building and so far have raised 42k but still a way to go. If you wanted to help out a small charity then we would be happy to support you or other than that we also support SANDS As sadly one of friends to the school lost a child.

Mart

Edit: the Pre-school is also a registered charity, just a note as there are alot of very worthy and great charities beeing mentioned and do not want people to think I am just trying to blag some money to go towards our relocation project. The Pre-school is run by a group of us who offer our time and experiance in different area's for free.
Registered Charity No: 1091828

Last edited:

kopchoir

Banned
Last edited:

IronGiant

How about your local Children's Hospice (or Adult one for that matter...)?

Dave

emporer

Banned
May I suggest The Menkes Foundation UK, this is a new charity set up recently and is the UK arm of a much wider primarily Menkes charity. It aims to raise awareness and help families in the UK who are affected by Menkes. I'm sure you all know about Menkes with Owens recent Disney appeal here in GC.

www.menkesfoundationuk.com

pumbaa

May I offer up the Downs Syndrome Association. My reason for this suggestion is that my wife and I are currently in the early stages of adopting a baby with Downs Syndrome, so its something I personally am passionate about.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Id suggest finding a small local charity where the money wont be lost in admin costs like a lot of the big ones do.
Local hospice or the like are always good to support.
Cheers fella ... the Darian childrens hospice seems like a good one. Keep em coming!

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Well my Sister and Mum were lost to cancer - so I'd offer Cancer Research or any related charity...

Good man for doing something though.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Id agree with Cancer Research as well

A couple others to consider maybe the local hospice (i have given some money there as have my grandparents and mum) - Dad was there for 6 weeks and they were brilliant and mum now volunteers there

Another place that we have had a massive part in (donating over 10k etc) is The Ark Conference Centre
http://www.arkcentre.com/ark/charity/
Merv Rees is a world class surgeon who performed many times on my dad and gave him many many more years

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom