Trying to change height and position on old Toshiba 36ZP48

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by cherrcherryball, Jul 19, 2015.

1. cherrcherryball

cherrcherryball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Theres an old thread on here that lets you alter things like postion and height, the main issue I have is I use it for retro pc gaming and sd content.

What I mean is that the positioning of the screen isnt dead centre, plus it fills more than the entire screen so I want to try and at least move the screen into position so when watching something with subtitles or playing a rpg that text isnt chopped off at bottom of screen.

Here is link to the very old thread, just wanted to know what to adjust to move the position up and down.

Accessing Service menu on Toshiba 36ZP48? | AVForums

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    What you're looking for is "VPOS" (Vertical Position) or "VSHIFT" to move the picture up/down...a technician would use a pattern generator or the Test Card as a visual aid to adjust/centre the picture.

3. cherrcherryball

cherrcherryball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Thanks I did manage to find the settings for position and stretching on height and width too, only issue now is getting a flat picture as when I shrunk the picture to fit there was lumps at the side and getting rid of those means if I look at a flat thing on screen like freesat menu or a picture frame is in the shot its a little wonky but other times I never notice it, I know thats settings like trap and csaw