Trying to avoid lots of unplugging + advice

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by [Slip], Nov 3, 2004.

1. [Slip]

[Slip]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Had a look through the forum, wouldn't mind some cabling advice :)

Just ordered an Epson TW10 projector,

This has the following connections
    - Composite Video
    - Analog RGB (VGA)
    - S-Video
    - Component Video

Now, I've got a few boxes and consoles (the mrs loves all the wires :devil: ) that I want to plug in to it at various times and wanted to avoid the hassle of unplugging etc.

The DVD player I'm using at the moment is a Pioneer DV 303 integrated :rolleyes:

This only has composite video out and Svideo out, which one of these should I be using for the best picture quality? Should I just run Svideo to Svideo from the DVD to the PJ?

The next one is Sky and the final one is a collection of Xbox, Ps2 and gamecube (the holy trinity!) I'm getting the AV pack for the xbox so I'm guessing component for that. Is there an equivalent for PS2 / Gamecube?

The Sky box has the usual two SCART outputs, should I get a Scart -> RGB cable?

Any advice really welcome and any links to cables that would be recommended just so I can understand what everyones on about would be great! Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

2. [Slip]

[Slip]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    someone? :(

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    For convenience I would probably run everything on S video mate. Ideally you should use component but you would need several conversion boxes to get it out of everything. Alternatively you could get a little I Scan processor and run everything into that :smashin: