trying to add subwoofer to a fatman carbon

bricktop 3582

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,i have got a fatman carbon mk2 with wharfedale vardus v 400 speakers,certain music like dub reggae sounds perfect but a lot of older music is lacking in bass,probably due to sources of recording,is it possible to fit a subwoofer to my fatman amp,it has two line inputs and an aux input,any answers will be appreciated

Any sub with hi-level inputs will work - you connect it across the speaker output of the Fatman i.e. Gemini

thanks for reply,can you tell me how i would go about connecting it to my amp,thanks

You should receive a hi-level lead with the sub and one end will connect to sub amp and the other will have bare wires coloured red/white/black. You connect the red to one of the positive (red terminals - right channel) on your amp, the white to the other red terminal (left channel) and the black to either of the two black (negative terminals) - it doesn't matter which. Make sure it everything is powered off when you do this. Before powering on, turn down the hi-level on the sub and the volume on the Fatman. Set the sub crossover point at around 50 or 60Hz for your speakers and play some music, bring up the Fatman volume to a normal level then increase the sub hi-level volume until you get a smooth blend with your speakers. You may need to tweak the crossover point to also keep the transition between you V400s and the sub smooth. A new sub will take a few hours to run in as well before it settles. Hope that helps.

thanks for the info i am using banana plugs,will i need to remove these when connecting the hi-level lead connections to the speaker terminals with the speaker cable?thank you for your help in this matter,much appreciated

No you can clamp the bare end leads of the hi-level wires under the speaker screw clamps and still connect the bananas into the end holes. P8 of your manual has some good advice on doing this.

i have spokeen to the guy from gemini subwoofers and he said i can connect the subwoofer as long as the two black terminals on the speaker out are joined together,does anyone know if they are?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom