Try this if you think PS3 is not well built!

Barso

Standard Member
Today i had my PS3 sitting out of the tv cabinet and slipped and fell over,when i did i put my knee out and came crashing down on my PS3! guess what? not a scratch and the PS3 looks and works fine.so as an experiment i stood on top of it and there was no sign of the PS3 weakening at all.it was able to take my bodyweight of 90KGS no problem.

Tony Hoyle

winstano

www.smashmyps3.com

See how many hits from the hammer it takes before it actually breaks. It's built like a brick outhouse!

Shame it is not as cold as one, that way the fans would be quiet!

My fans are quiet. I cant hear them at all over 1 foot away from my PS3. I only hear it when i change disks.

almightygoodgod

built almost as well (and just as shiny as) my E900 which has survived a drop of two floors at the HauptBahnoff train station in Berlin (anybody who has been there will know what I mean). Admittedly the fall was broken by a fraulein.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Today i had my PS3 sitting out of the tv cabinet and slipped and fell over,when i did i put my knee out and came crashing down on my PS3! guess what? not a scratch and the PS3 looks and works fine.so as an experiment i stood on top of it and there was no sign of the PS3 weakening at all.it was able to take my bodyweight of 90KGS no problem.

Thus proving my theory that in the event of a nuclear war the cockroaches will still be able to game in 1080p :lesson: :D

[email protected]

Errrrmmmm.....................OK :smashin:

samw22

Could somebody (perhaps OP) upload a photo as proof? (I'm just a bit wary of standing on mine for some strange reason)

branny

so as an experiment i stood on top of it and there was no sign of the PS3 weakening at all.it was able to take my bodyweight of 90KGS no problem.

Brilliant. I'm a little over 13 an a half stone. Is that 90kg?

If so, I 'm off to experiment just how much it can take. I'll build up weight gradually using various house hold implements till I break my £400 console in the name of science.

If not, I can sleep safe in the knowledge that if a mouse ever comes into the house I can jump onto the console, providing adequate elevation from said mouse, and scream like a girl and the console will take my weight.

Cheers
B

Simba

Distinguished Member
it will be the 'arc' design on the casing making it pretty strong, which distributes the load well, similar to bridges. altho i have to say 90kg makes it pretty damn strong

Brilliant. I'm a little over 13 an a half stone. Is that 90kg?

If so, I 'm off to experiment just how much it can take. I'll build up weight gradually using various house hold implements till I break my £400 console in the name of science.

If not, I can sleep safe in the knowledge that if a mouse ever comes into the house I can jump onto the console, providing adequate elevation from said mouse, and scream like a girl and the console will take my weight.

Cheers
B

tomelli

bsimmer3000

Lol ok dont ask me why but i just tryed it and it can easy hold my 176 pound. it's like when you do something like push something to breaking point just to see if it breaks then when it does you go what the hell did i do that for lol but its fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Loewe confirms return to luxury TV market
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Music Centre Connect HD to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for October 2021