1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRV60 Tripods

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by dreamc, Jun 16, 2004.

1. dreamc

dreamc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't know if this is the right forum, but i would like to get a tripod for my Sony TRV60... what should i look for. I don't want a really expensive one, but suggestions are welcome. I'm don't have any knowledge about them but will be needing it to do some panning shots....

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well it obviously needs to be stable and not move around too much, therefore not too light.
    Also you should get a tripod that has oil filled joints on the head to give smooth movement for pan & tilt. Easy lock & release should also be worth getting, otherwise you will be shaking the tripod as you try to release the head to pan etc.

Mark.

3. dreamc

dreamc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Good things to look out for, thanks. Hope i'll find one that reasonably priced, probably want to spend around 70-100 euros

4. dreamc

dreamc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well, have been to two shops and have seen the following two which looked interesting:

Vanguard Millenium 5 and Velbon CX686....does anyone have experience with these?