1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRV33 - Still a good buy?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Apache, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Apache

Apache

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I nearly ordered a DCRTRV60 from Empire Direct today but found their service quite objectionable so didn't bother. It's all as easy as 1, 2 3 - until you come to buy that is. Goodbye!!

Probably a blessing in disguise because I did yet more research (reviews/forums etc) and decided a TRV33 might fit my needs better. I looked at the PC105 too.

I can get the TRV33 for £484 which seems a good buy? Any views on whether it is still a good camera to get. The 105 looks like it might be a bit fiddly and is still over £100 more so I have sort of dismissed it as a none starter.

I plan to try and get a deal on bag/battery etc too. Any recommendations? Sony (expensive?) specific battery or 3rd party? Also any specific battery model number. I suspect a bigger one holding more charge is preferable to another of the same that comes with the camera?

Any help appreciated.

2. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a TRV33 and can't fault it. A brilliant little camera. Just get a bigger battery if you plan on using it for more than an hour at a time.

3. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a TRV60 for about a week now, and so far I'm very impressed. Picture quality is excellent, but I haven't used the TRV33 so I've got nothing to compare it to.