TRV25 or GX7?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by locks, Sep 11, 2002.

1. locks

locks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about buying and looks like it's down to a straight race between these two. Any update on the GX7 stocks?

Anyone have any thoughts on what would give each one the edge over the other or is it down to availability?

:confused: :rolleyes:

2. Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The GX7 might have a few extra features, but I'd go for the sony, it's bound to be a better performer.

3. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a test drive with the GX7 and it's one sweet piece of kit. Plus it looks way better than the Sony.

Give them both a test before you decide, and see which one feels and behaves best for you.

Chris' kiwiranger' Parke

4. Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may be well featured, but it's an average performer. Personally I think the GX7 looks ugly. To each his own I guess. Sony models generally perform better than panasonic.

5. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting. Not my impression, but as you say each to his own. Point of interest is that in NZ, Consumer magazine (sort of like "Which") has rated Pana Video Camera's the most reliable. I'm assuming we're sourced from the same factories being both PAL and all.

6. Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonics are very good reliable makes, I have a pany and a sony. It depends what your criteria is for the camera, as a personal preference I prefer the sonys. The GX7 is a very well featured camera though.