1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRV22 or TRV33?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Jules, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    Seen loads of people wanting TRV33, but not many after a TRV22.
    What's the difference?

Which shoudl I get?

2. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I don't know.

If you do a google search for both models, you can compare the specs.:devil: See which is better.:smashin:

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    No contest TRV33 records anamorphically with a wide CCD the TRV22 doesn't

4. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    Thanks Martin.
    That's clinched it for me. A TRV33 it is then!

A quick search on Kelkoo revealed Amazon is the cheapest at the moment for £597 (including delivery), but like most of the others they have no stock.

PIXmania appear to have stock for a few quid more, but I don't know what their service is like? Anyone have any experience of them?

5. norfy

norfy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was contemplating buying from PIXMania but then read a review on them which said they ship with French instructions and French power cord.

Not sure how true it was but it put me off them. I managed to find a TRV33 at my local Jessops and price matched them with electronics-online.co.uk who had one for £639

Good luck in your search, it took me a whole day to find one !! (lots of phone calls and net searches)

6. Erpland

Erpland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the TRV-22 after recommendations on this forum that it is in theory better in low light (i.e inside the house) than the TRV-33, I didn't want wide screen or higher resolution stills, well I did but not for an extra £75 versus better low light, as I was pushing it getting a video camera for over £500 as it was.
    Apart from the 'proper' widescreen and higher res stills, all the features listed in my manual seem to be shared between the two, my favourites are time lapse recording, frame by frame recording and analogue video input and the camera is currently set up as a webcam via USB and I'm hoping that feature will work via firewire when I get a cable.