1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRV 33-Acessories

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by frog69, Jan 7, 2004.

1. frog69

frog69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me an idea of what accessories to invest in for the TRV33? I'm looking for enough to get me started. Also, any advice on best places to purchase would be welcome. One specific TRV33 accessory question-is it really necessary to buy an additional battery and if so would you also advise investing in a charger? Thanks in advance.

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Additional bigger battery is a must

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    You really will need to get another battery for your camcorder. The batteries supplied with most, if not all Sony camcorders last less than an hour. I have never bothered with a charger, but if you do get several batteries it might be handy as you can leave one on charge while out useing the cam.
    Other required accessories are a good case for carrying it around and plenty of tapes. If buying several tapes then about the best prices are from www.pricebuster.org.uk but they do add about £7 for p&p so you need to order several to get the price down. I would suggest you take the cam to a local camera shop and try it in some cases to see what you require. No good getting one online and the cam doesn't fit or bounces around inside.

Mark.

4. frog69

frog69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good advice. I was going to get my camcorder from AJ Electronics and they have a range of accessories to go along with the camcorder. I was wondering if this is a good idea or should I wait until I get the camcorder before I get the accessories. For example they have tape packs, additional batteries (by the way which is the best one to go for?), carrying cases etc. that they recommend for use with the TRV 33. So what do You Fellas reckon? Thanks again for all your help & advice so far. Hopefully I can return the favours in the near future.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I would suggest getting all the accessories and the cam together. You might (read that as should) be able to get a bit of an additional discount on them as you are sending a fair amount.
    Also if you do buy the accessories first and then something else comes along then the accessories will probably not be compatable with the different cam.

Mark.

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Get the biggest battery you can afford the TRV33 is a little heavy on batteries

7. APJONES

APJONES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to www.7dayshop.com for your tapes and possibly camera case etc.
    I don't know what prices you've been looking at, but for Panasonic Mini DV Metal Series tapes x 3 it only costs £8.99 + £1.95 P & P.
    5 Tapes only cost £11.99 + £1.95 p & p.