1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trv 230

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by pbrown2000, Jan 15, 2002.

1. pbrown2000

pbrown2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone here own a Sony TRV 230 Digi8 camcorder?

For me, Pictures are brilliant in daytime outside and inside, but inside at night, pictures are very grainy. This is helped by using the sunset and moon program AE mode, or manually setting exposure quite low, but this makes the image quite dark.

Have any owners found ways around this problem? Might using an on board video light work?

Paul

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul

I don't have the trv230, I have the trv320. I have noticed the same thing about grainy footage in low light conditions. I had to use a video light to improve things. There is no substitute for good lighting conditions unfortunately. You will have noticed that on bright sunny days the picture is extremely good.

You don't mention if you hae the camera dv-in enabled if you do then you can try and edit the footage on the pc to try a clear up the image then send the footage back out to tape. I have listed below the web site for ordering software(autopc95) to enable your camera for dv-in. it also actiates other functions listed below alll thisa for £40 what a bargain. The guys at the site are excellent lots of excellent advice.

Sony Digital 8: Analogue, S-Video, DV-IN, VTR/PLAYER RECORD, Manual White Balance &
    AVin to DVout Passthrough (AV>DV Realtime Convertor) Menu modes are enabled on these cams:

TRV120e TRV125e TRV230 TRV235 TRV320e TRV325
    TRV420e TRV430 TRV420e TRV530 TRV725e TR8000/8100e

http://www.lynxdv.com/dvstore/

Hope this is of some help, let me know if you need any more info.

The Duke

3. peteharley

peteharley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one from several years ago...
    for my home / rock band / family vacations use is perfect and always worked fine.

now I want to go "deep" on its functions and tried to record from an analog source using the A/V cable (3 RCA --> 1 mini plug) that came with the cam.

I only hear audio from the source, no image...:cool:
    cable is fine, I always use it the opposite way and works fine (as common as using the cam as video source connected to a TV).

the manual says "check display is set to LCD" when you have this problem, and I did (actually is the default config) but always the same.:oops:

I can only record audio from an external video source... :lease:

if anyone has one SONY TRV230 and wants to do same test for me... I would really appreciate, and if someone already had this problem and solved it... I'd give a present!! :clap:

thanks in advance
    pedroharley@hotmail.com