Trust Me (BBC One) Series 2

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Jodie Whittaker I'm not a real Doctor, the universe is counting on you girl!:D

Four-part drama tells the story of Cath, a hardworking and skilled nurse, who, having lost her job for whistleblowing, is forced to take drastic measures to provide for her daughter.

I found ep1 a bit dull and very silly. I hope she's a better Dr in her next job ;)

Before it started I caught a bit of the Brigadier's daughter being a doctor only to then see the Doctor pretending to be a doctor. It's done my head in.

:laugh:
Bri

Good first episode, she's a naughty girl!

so are beeb doing an Our Girl on this then

Could be better than the first series, which was a really stupid and implausible, though watchable story

I once knew a young lady who liked nothing better than walking around a hospital with a white coat and stethoscope. People did think she was a doctor.

She did get caught a few times though and ended up in court.

She did get caught a few times though and ended up in court.
exactly, those nutters will always be caught ... but actually faking a British medical education background and getting a job, you will be caught pretty quickly, even if already a qualified experienced nurse.

The big appeal of the first series for me was Jodie Whittaker, so I'm not sure it will work that well without her.

I also found the ending to the first series a bit unsatisfying, because Cath was posing as a doctor yet she didn't get any kind of comeuppance! It sends the wrong message that it's fine to lie about incorrect qualifications, when it quite obviously isn't.

so I'm not sure it will work that well without her.
But, as I understand it, there is no connection with the second series apart from the show title. I believe it's now planned to be a different cast and story each series, rather than the continuing story with Jodie (when she probably would have got the kind of comeuppance you were hoping for), scrapped when she got the other Doctor job.

But, as I understand it, there is no connection with the second series apart from the show title. I believe it's now planned to be a different cast and story each series, rather than the continuing story with Jodie (when she probably would have got the kind of comeuppance you were hoping for), scrapped when she got the other Doctor job.
The problem it will face is how many people watched it because of Jodie Whittaker. I can see it struggling.

When the first series was broadcast. I do remember writer Dan Sefton responding to those who thought that she got away with it.

I managed to find the response.

Trust Me finale... series writer Dan Sefton responds to our review
The original ending sounds so much more dramatically pleasing to me. Cath makes the ultimate sacrifice: her work as a doctor which she got through her lies and deception. What we got was just Cath staying exactly the same as she was at the beginning of the series; no change or character growth.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom