Trunking on a cantilever / swivel TV

oligopoly

Standard Member
Apologies if I’m in the wrong place… I have a 42” flat screen TV wall-mounted in my living room. It’s on a cantilever arm tilt and swivel (mostly so the little one can watch TV while eating in the high chair! I want to hide the mass of cables running up to the TV but because we use this swivel feature I can’t see how normal D-line would work. I’ve found this other product which might do the job but just wondering how others have hid wires when the TV needs to swivel out a distance.

Maybe I’m over-thinking it and I buy a wide D-line so the cables aren’t in there tightly and then when we need to pull the TV out and around the cables just pop out of the top of the trunking ?

Thanks in advance.

neilball

You need to attach your cables to the arms of the bracket so they move with the bracket (some brackets include cable management within the arms). This means there is no need to worry about the cables inside the wall trunking as they don't move when the bracket moves.

oligopoly

Standard Member
You need to attach your cables to the arms of the bracket so they move with the bracket (some brackets include cable management within the arms). This means there is no need to worry about the cables inside the wall trunking as they don't move when the bracket moves.
Ah brilliant. I didn't think of this! I'll take a look at it tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom