Donald Trump Thread. "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?",

Who will win the 2020 election ?

• Trump

Votes: 80 27.6%
  • Biden

Votes: 149 51.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 50 17.2%
  • Who will win the House and Senate in mid terms ?

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Republicans

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Democrats

Votes: 10 3.4%

• Total voters
Ours is barely better as has been exposed time and time again.

The biggest issue in the UK is the power of Russian groups, the money they wield and the influence it gives them over the politicians. No lobby money, no election win.

Only need to change a few words of your post and you've got the UK.

Since the Russia report (and with what they've been upto in the US), I've done a fair bit of reading on Russian influence from former diplomats and ex-MI5/6 agents. It's pretty grim to be honest. London is awash with Russian money and their relationships with some of our politicians - Labour as well - are far too cosy.

So many distractions with Covid, Brexit, US, EU, China; Russia just quietly operate under the radar these days. The level of sophistication from the KGB is quite something.

If anyone is interested, just start by looking up the story of double agent George Blake who only recently died. It's like something out of a film. Truly fascinating.

And remember we've got the son of a KGB agent now sitting in our House of Lords. Astonishing to be honest that's it's been allowed to happen with barely a peep.

Perhaps that's how good they really are :laugh::confused:

Last edited:
1610607315918.jpeg

Trump gave his most presidential speech to the people last night, probably because of what is coming down the road. If he only acted this way much sooner...

That shows what it takes to get through to him.

I bet he isn't sleeping.

Couldn’t read all the comments but lets put the cat among the pigeons.

It seems that ever since Trump was elected the usual suspects, Left wing politician, here and in America, news media and the BBC have been obsessed with putting him down; all their Christmases have come at once. I am not saying he is/was a good president just that he was elected by the people. The left couldn’t accept the fact that he was popular in America. I have a suspicion that the same is happening here with B Johnson. I get the distinct impression the labour party along with the BBC have made it their goal to try and get his scalp. They have cynically used the pandemic as a political weapon to try and show B J as incompetent, time will tell but I can’t see anyone else rushing to take the responsibility, only criticise. I remember it being reported that a front bench shadow minister said “the pandemic is a gift to labour”. The way Kneel Starmer has performed at PMQs is pathetic; captain hindsight is a good description. Opportunist with an open goal as well, because he has nothing else to contribute. As far as impeachment goes It is a pity we don’t have something similar so we could nail T Blair for taking this country in to an illegal war and as far as the Labour party being able to handle the pandemic better I suggest you think back when we had the mad cow disease, didn’t handle that very well did they. I expect some brick bats for this blog but it will be interesting, please don’t resort to insults.

as mentioned many times before, its not about left or right.

I have no particular interest in leaning a specific way, over elections in my lifetime I have voted both labour and conservative depending on who I thought was better at the time

However, Trump is awful and its not he left or the press obsessing and putting him down, its his gargantuan ego and terrible presidency that deserves putting down.

Bojo is another story, its not about who could have done better, its about how absolutely terribly he has done!!

Couldn’t read all the comments but lets put the cat among the pigeons.

It seems that ever since Trump was elected the usual suspects, Left wing politician, here and in America, news media and the BBC have been obsessed with putting him down; all their Christmases have come at once. I am not saying he is/was a good president just that he was elected by the people. The left couldn’t accept the fact that he was popular in America. I have a suspicion that the same is happening here with B Johnson. I get the distinct impression the labour party along with the BBC have made it their goal to try and get his scalp. They have cynically used the pandemic as a political weapon to try and show B J as incompetent, time will tell but I can’t see anyone else rushing to take the responsibility, only criticise. I remember it being reported that a front bench shadow minister said “the pandemic is a gift to labour”. The way Kneel Starmer has performed at PMQs is pathetic; captain hindsight is a good description. Opportunist with an open goal as well, because he has nothing else to contribute. As far as impeachment goes It is a pity we don’t have something similar so we could nail T Blair for taking this country in to an illegal war and as far as the Labour party being able to handle the pandemic better I suggest you think back when we had the mad cow disease, didn’t handle that very well did they. I expect some brick bats for this blog but it will be interesting, please don’t resort to insults.

Everything from "I have a suspicion..." is just the tired old right hates the left guff, and irrelevant to this thread anyway.

Before that, are you trying to say that he shouldn't have been targeted in such a way? As I don't know where you've been for a long time, but that's how politics works.

And we know he was elected by the people, but he's been a shit President, and now he's been unelected by the people.

Not really sure what point you're trying to make.

as mentioned many times before, its not about left or right.

I have no particular interest in leaning a specific way, over elections in my lifetime I have voted both labour and conservative depending on who I thought was better at the time

However, Trump is awful and its not he left or the press obsessing and putting him down, its his gargantuan ego and terrible presidency that deserves putting down.

Bojo is another story, its not about who could have done better, its about how absolutely terribly he has done!!
Sorry but I think you are wrong when you claim it is not about left/right. I watch Parliament on TV when important debates and PMQs and later watch BBC news where without fail they highlight some confrontation out of context to make BJ look bad. Take yesterday PMQs where the speaker reprimanded BJ for using the word "Hypocritical" BBC and MSN only reported that not the fact he also admonished Kneel Starmer for say "not true" which is also not permitted. Perhaps in your wisdom you could suggest how you would deal with this pandemic without using cliché's .

you're talking about within parliament, you know, that place where they discuss politics so in that case its about left or right

however you are commenting on a forum, this is not parliament, this is not left or right, its about highlighting piss poor leadership

Everything from "I have a suspicion..." is just the tired old right hates the left guff, and irrelevant to this thread anyway.

Before that, are you trying to say that he shouldn't have been targeted in such a way? As I don't know where you've been for a long time, but that's how politics works.

And we know he was elected by the people, but he's been a sh*t President, and now he's been unelected by the people.

Not really sure what point you're trying to make.
There you go, you seem unable to converse without insults. You are entitled to your opinion but why do you have to use foul language about him. As for your comment about where have I been, that's politics, perhaps that is the problem.

Sorry but I think you are wrong when you claim it is not about left/right. I watch Parliament on TV when important debates and PMQs and later watch BBC news where without fail they highlight some confrontation out of context to make BJ look bad. Take yesterday PMQs where the speaker reprimanded BJ for using the word "Hypocritical" BBC and MSN only reported that not the fact he also admonished Kneel Starmer for say "not true" which is also not permitted. Perhaps in your wisdom you could suggest how you would deal with this pandemic without using cliché's .
What the PM does (or doesn't do, more importantly at the moment) is paramount. The fact that Starmer was also admonished isn't relevant. If and when Starmer becomes PM, he'll have the scrutiny of the world's media on him.

That's the way it works and isn't a left / right thing. Boris is being targeted because a) He's the PM, and b) He's doing a crap job. Not because he's right wing.

I voted for Boris.

He's utterly useless and completely out of his depth. Big promises, little action until he backs himself into a corner and then proclaims he had no choice. Continually looking to remain popular at the cost of decision making at critical times. Procrastination, indecision, ignoring the science repeatedly, despite vowing to follow it. Huge contracts doled out like smarties to Tory pals and donators with no oversight or procurement procedure.

The whole thing would be laughable if it wasn't both screwing the economy and costing lives.

As to Trump, he was unsuitable for office decades ago. Once he got in, he was worse.

I can understand America's desire for change and to "drain the swamp" and "America First" but you just need to look at Trump's record of failed businesses, cons, Twitter spats, relationships, and continual lies to know he was never the man to do that or in any way be suitable for high office.

Last edited:
There you go, you seem unable to converse without insults. You are entitled to your opinion but why do you have to use foul language about him. As for your comment about where have I been, that's politics, perhaps that is the problem.

Well you're just exposing with every post what you're actually in the thread for. To whine about the left and all the criticism of poor old Boris yada yada. And I expect in a few posts time more about how poor old Donald has been hard done by the left too. How terrible they are, and how awful anyone who sits on the left is.

I've been able to read posters like yourself for a long time. You pop up every now and again, unable to support your arguments with anything of substance.

What the PM does (or doesn't do, more importantly at the moment) is paramount. The fact that Starmer was also admonished isn't relevant. If and when Starmer becomes PM, he'll have the scrutiny of the world's media on him.

That's the way it works and isn't a left / right thing. Boris is being targeted because a) He's the PM, and b) He's doing a crap job. Not because he's right wing.
Sorry! it doesn't matter what Kneel Starmer says, of course it does, he is the opposition leader and spends a lot of time in front of the cameras when it suits him.

Can you confirm what you meant when you said "Kneel Starmer"? Or was that just a typo?
I think it is obvious don't you. Like I said he is an opportunist, goes with the flow. Couldn't make a difficult decision as is clear from his change of direction on the same subject according to whatever is popular at that moment. Should/shouldn't have lockdown.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom