Donald Trump Thread. "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?",

Who will win the 2020 election ?

• Trump

Votes: 80 27.6%
  • Biden

Votes: 149 51.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 50 17.2%
  • Who will win the House and Senate in mid terms ?

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Republicans

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Democrats

Votes: 10 3.4%

• Total voters
Powerful cartoon.

jCafaqb.jpg

Of course they do because they think everything the man does or says is racist. If he farts, its racist. But it isn't a matter of opinion. Something is either racist or it isn't. Just because Trump is incapable of reason doesn't mean we all have to follow suit.

I went to California last year. I saw zero evidence of racism, fascism, police brutality or any of the maladies that define how people see Trump. I did see massive evidence of poverty and homelessness, of epidemic proportions. The last thing America needs is more illegal immigration.
In my opinion what he said was racist and he's racist.

Some people's threshold for racism might be a little different. Then if course you've got the law.

Let's put it this way, if as a teacher, I told my ethnic parents that if they don't like the way the school does things, the why don't you go back to 'x' and see how much joy you get there, I'd be out of a job.

Of course they do because they think everything the man does or says is racist. If he farts, its racist. But it isn't a matter of opinion. Something is either racist or it isn't. Just because Trump is incapable of reason doesn't mean we all have to follow suit.

I went to California last year. I saw zero evidence of racism, fascism, police brutality or any of the maladies that define how people see Trump. I did see massive evidence of poverty and homelessness, of epidemic proportions. The last thing America needs is more illegal immigration.
Hmmm: Opinion | Donald Trump’s Racism: The Definitive List, Updated

How do you know that?

Obviously, no-one can know Trump's inner thoughts. Maybe this is an elaborate game of 4D chess against the Deep State.

But given his past behaviour and past statements, he's definitely a racist. And even if it's all just an act, what is the functional difference between acting exactly like a racist, and being a racist?

Obviously, no-one can know Trump's inner thoughts. Maybe this is an elaborate game of 4D chess against the Deep State.

But given his past behaviour and past statements, he's definitely a racist. And even if it's all just an act, what is the functional difference between acting exactly like a racist, and being a racist?

You'd need to demonstrate that Trump hates and discriminates against people purely on the basis of their skin colour or ethnicity. Millions of Americans are people of colour, and everything he's said to date has been pro-America. If he openly hated black and Hispanic Americans, he'd have no support whatsoever from poc. Yet he does...

Powerful cartoon.

jCafaqb.jpg

Yet it's 'Antifa', not Trump supporters, that are on the streets assaulting people, throwing concrete milkshakes, beating people (of colour) bloody, and firebombing government facilities. Their fuses have already been lit and the bombs are already going off.

There was the case of those MAGA supporters who viciously beat and tried to hang a gay black man... oh wait.

Yet it's 'Antifa', not Trump supporters, that are on the streets assaulting people, throwing concrete milkshakes, beating people (of colour) bloody, and firebombing government facilities. Their fuses have already been lit and the bombs are already going off.

There was the case of those MAGA supporters who viciously beat and tried to hang a gay black man... oh wait.
Neo-Nazi killer sentenced to life plus 419 years for car attack on crowd in the US - Independent.ie

Only one side has the official support of the Executive branch of the United States.

I'm not defending Antifa. This isn't about what each side do, it's about what Trump is doing. it's about the POTUS supporting and escalating a situation that will lead to more violence.

Focus on the match, not the bombs. There's morons on both sides, but our leaders aren't supposed to weaponize that idiocy and focus it against their political opponents for their own political gain at the cost of increased division and violence. If you can't see that's wrong and the act of a terrible human being and inept "leader", this conversation is over.

Don't fall into the Whataboutery trap. Don't allow them to change the narrative. Focus on Trump's actions, that's who we're discussing. Allowing idiots to derail the conversation into a tit for tat right wing extremists vs left wing extremists Top Trumps is exactly what they want.

All violence is wrong, but inciting violence for personal gain by exploiting your position of power is worse.

The problem with Trump's inner thoughts is that he doesn't have any.
That isn't a joke.

Scumbag & I hope they throw away the key. How is Trump responsible? And at the risk of seeming insensitive and glib, the victim was white. If there was to be a countrywide Trump inspired fascist uprising against people of colour, we'd have seen it already.

I'm not defending Antifa. This isn't about what each side do, it's about what Trump is doing. it's about the POTUS supporting and escalating a situation that will lead to more violence.

Focus on the match, not the bombs. There's morons on both sides, but our leaders aren't supposed to weaponize that idiocy and focus it against their political opponents for their own political gain at the cost of increased division and violence. If you can't see that's wrong and the act of a terrible human being and inept "leader", this conversation is over.

Agreed. That's exactly what Trump said after Charlottesville, and it was used against him as evidence of his racism (including in the 'definitive lists' posted above).

I'm saying the same thing as you, basically, just from another perspective. I despise Trump, the sooner he's gone the better. But I'm noticing an ugly trend where he gets called "racist" even when he isn't being. In our polarised world, racist = fascist. Fascist = Nazi. Nazis deserve to die. Then it becomes: Trump supporters = racist (see Greg's post above) = facsist = nazi = they should die. Ditto for conservatives, centrists, and basically anyone who isn't on 'the right side'. Then those people get assaulted in the streets; exactly as we are seeing with antifa. Or, we have people so desperate to engineer a race war that they fabricate evidence against trump supporters, as happened with Jussie Smollett or the Covington 'scandal'.

I just think words get tossed around far too casually these days and they are starting to lose meaning or impact if misused.

Scumbag & I hope they throw away the key. How is Trump responsible? And at the risk of seeming insensitive and glib, the victim was white. If there was to be a countrywide Trump inspired fascist uprising against people of colour, we'd have seen it already.

Agreed. That's exactly what Trump said after Charlottesville, and it was used against him as evidence of his racism (including in the 'definitive lists' posted above).

100% NOT what Trump said.

Trump said, "there are good people on both sides"

But I'm noticing an ugly trend where he gets called "racist" even when he isn't being.

Does he have to hang Black People from a tree in the Rose Garden before you see his racism? Calling Donald Trump racist isn't an over use or dilution of the word, "racism", you see it over used when discussing Trump, because Donald Trump is a massive ****ing racist who constantly says and does racist things.

100% NOT what Trump said.

Trump said, "there are good people on both sides"

Then I stand corrected. He may have been talking about those peacefully protesting the removal of confederate statues. Even so, I'd hesitate to call them 'fine people'!

@SteakAndCake - I have to disagree with about Trump's racism.
It is about nonTrumpism, this is why he surrounds himself with people he thinks are like him.
If you are perceived as different though...

I can't believe there's someone in this thread trying to say that telling a group of non-white women to go to go back to their counties, 3 of whom were BORN in the US isn't racist.

Their country IS the US.

It's pretty much the text book definition of the word.

Have you any idea how often non-white people in America have to put up with that kind of crap?

You don't have to specifically refer to race in order to be racist, that would be absurd.

I'll admit that I believe that Trump's current racist tirade is down to attempting to divert attention away from his Epstein involvement, and not a calculated desire to stir up racist dissent.

However, we do know that Donald Trump believes in eugenics as did his father. Trump believes that some races are inherently superior to others. So ignoring all his racist speech and actions, the heart of the man is truly racist. It's why he peppers his speeches with references to "good genetics".

Does he have to hang Black People from a tree in the Rose Garden before you see his racism? Calling Donald Trump racist isn't an over use or dilution of the word, "racism", you see it over used when discussing Trump, because Donald Trump is a massive ****ing racist who constantly says and does racist things.

How then does he have any support among black and hispanic people? Are they simply acquiescent to his racism? Presumably you're not about to call people of colour uneducated or brainwashed, as that would deny their agency and intelligence (which is racist).

How then does he have any support among black and hispanic people? Are they simply acquiescent to his racism? Presumably you're not about to call people of colour uneducated or brainwashed, as that would deny their agency and intelligence (which is racist).

Er, because brown people can be racist too lmao. I know a Hungarian who lives in the UK and HATES other Hungarians. Refuses to talk to them. It's crazy, but then so are most of Trump's base.

Poor people vote for Tories

Gay people voted against gay marriage.

People often vote against their own personal interests. Assuming that minorities cannot be racist is in itself racist.

His disapproval rating among African Americans was 84 percent in a late-April YouGov poll, compared with only 9 percent approval.

What do you think those numbers will be like now after his latest idiotic, racist remarks?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom