• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TrueHD and DTS-HD on my 5.1 system

baronsmurf

Standard Member
hey all,

Im building a HTPC and was wondering if my denon avr-1909 amp & 5.1 speaker setup would work it. The HTPC will be outputting 7.1 LPCM, will my av reciever down convert to 5.1? I would expect it would, but i just need to be sure.

also i may buy the asus xonar hdmi 1.3 pci express card that will allow bit streaming of truehd and dts-hd, will these be down converted to 5.1?

cheers

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Yes, even if you send a 5.1 signal and have a 7.1 set up it will upconvert to a 7.1 and if you send a 7.1 signal and only have 5.1 it will out put in 5.1. You can bit stream to this amp or send as LPCM over HDMI and will still get HD audio.

baronsmurf

Standard Member
Yes, even if you send a 5.1 signal and have a 7.1 set up it will upconvert to a 7.1 and if you send a 7.1 signal and only have 5.1 it will out put in 5.1. You can bit stream to this amp or send as LPCM over HDMI and will still get HD audio.

I thought so, thanks for the help :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom