True Story Kevin Hart, Wesley Snipes Netflix

encaser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kh.blade.JPG

Kevin Hart doesn't do any stand up in this gritty-ish drama, about him as 'The Kid', a massively popular comedian from Philadelphia (so it's a stretch). However, he's encumbered by his leech of a big brother, played by Wesley (Blade) Snipes, who has been nothing but a financial and emotional drain over the years.
Things take a sharp turn when a dead body is discovered in his suite's bedroom and the question arises, of how to play this to protect Kid and his recently put back together self and career?
Hart manages to be affably believable and desperate enough for the tale to continue with each new event not being too OTT but, Snipes clearly outdraws him here and pulls off a decent performance that stays on target and makes you wonder why he disappeared from our screens...oh, that.
I quite enjoyed this as a kind of pass you by watch and it doesn't go too madly off the rails bar a couple of moments - needless to say, don't read the spoiler if unseen - him strangling Ari is near comical and his shooting the bad guys in the head with a handgun like John Wick.

I watched this last night - it was really good.

Wesley is brilliant in this.

Finished this tonight.

Wasn't expecting much, but thought it was very good in the end.

7.5/10.

Cracking crime series, Kevin Hart in a serious role and stellar back-up from Wes Snipes, Paul Adelstein and Theo Rossi. Great plot, some cracking twists.

I saw this when it first came out and disappointed this went under the radar, found this really gripping through out and a fantastic performance by Kevin Hart.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom